Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby b.bodemer » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:43 pm

Carol,
Welcome back and hope your recovery is smooth...............................

Even though your td is going into storage I bet you are excited about the Petcool and looking forward to installing it.

take care,
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Yes Barb....waited quite a while for the Petcool but now with me gimping around, I decided to make it a early spring project. I start back to work tomorrow on light duty. I got 2 weeks to try to get back into a regular shoe and be able to stand and walk all day on my feet at the hospital. Today my toe feels 5x the size of my foot and alien like sensations. So I'm hoping my toe starts feeling like it still belongs to my foot real soon!
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby peggyearlchris » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:30 pm

Carol, Welcome back. Take care of that foot. I'm on my feet all day too and I have a bone spur. Boy those things hurt. Take care, :) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:07 am

Welcome Back Carol, do take care of your foot. I've got two more weeks to go on before I'm allowed to put weight on my right leg. Today I put a little too much weight on it and my knee is killing me. So, do what's right for your full recovery, and the petcool can wait until Spring.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:09 am

WOW Ladies. Good the hear all the diffrent color combos you came up with.

Peggy: Good to see you back. My computer is dead now so I have to rely on my work computer. Shhh don't tell anyone. :lol:

I must say I have to agree with Swiss Army Girl and say I really don't know untill I get there. But I have always loved Barbs colors and layout. But I am not sure if I can pull off having everything like hers because I have no garage and the sun and the wind are very damaging here.

Miriam: Love the quilting you have done. Hows your recovery going.

Lynn & Carol: Have a speedy recovery.

Hiker chick: I love the color of your Lil Guy.

Galen: I like your TTT it reminds me of my kitchen, you see I have this psycadellic flower paneling that was from the 60's and has all the colors you mentioned in it, along with some sparkleys.

Amy: As Always I am so impressed at you work let me know if the marine paint works for your roof.

Heikki: You know you like us. :D

Laters girls.

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:27 am

Thank you Mandy. I am in full hypothyroidism so I can get the scans done this week. Lost a couple of pounds so :thumbsup: ;) Really I think they exaggerated some on the symptoms. 8) I am (still ) forgetful, (still) have trouble sleeping, :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it depends on what you are used to.

Changed the diet to reflect less sugar and fats and some good ole Southern home cooking with out the iodized salt. Boy do we eat a lot of iodine in this country. :thinking: Fortunately Hunts@ has helped with "no salt added" tomato products. They taste so much better. :thumbsup: (shameless plug for the company helping with the major health issues in our diets.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby SamR » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:10 pm

I've been away, too. I just got back from what has to be the most educational and fun convention ever, the Rocky Mountain Association of Fairs convention. Where else can you attend workshops and forum discussions with hundreds of other folks who share the same challenges you do, in between dining with clowns, hypnotists, ventriloquists, musicians, mad scientists and magicians (and more), and watching showcases of their peers? It didn't really FEEL like vacation, but I am so motivated right now.... Of course, I haven't had a chance to work on the turtle. The ART came and is sitting in a box by the back door.
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Ladies!!!...We are falling apart! :( Come on, let's get ourselves mended (knees, toes, etc.), get healthier (Auntie M) and get camping! We must stick together through sickness and camping :D So I am sending my "I HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON MY GREAT CAMPING FORUM LADY FRIENDS" wish.

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 pm

:lol: :thumbsup: I feel heathier than I have for years. Must have worked. :thumbsup: I know winter is on a bunch of our builders but the picture supply is getting low and you know what that means. :? Image
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mandy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi ladies,

How is everyone doing?
I have a dumb question and I thought I would run it by you.

Do any of you have a hard time understanding the technical talk in the electrical section, cause I do.

I wish someone had a step by step manual on how they did their electrical work. I know they make diagrams but I have no idea what it all means.

I just wish some one would post every little detail on where they put their, lights, their fan, their plugs both 120 and 12v, where they run their wires, what kind of wires they use, where their fuse panel or breakers or what ever how to ground everthing and how to connect it all.

I have a hard time with all this, this is why I may never have electrical in my TD :(

Bye
Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 pm

Mandy,

Mary K sent me a PM with some information about installing a shore inlet for the outside and then having a GFCI and regular outlet inside. Maybe she'll see this post and shot you an answer. Sorry but I deleted mine.

The good news is that she made it real easy for me to follow and I felt great getting it done and enjoying a way to use shore power.

You could also just run a heavy duty indoor/outdoor extension cord into the td and then use a power strip. People do it wither way. Whatever you feel comfortable with. And believe me I was a real rookie in the electrcial dept but got it done!

Barb
PS.................let's all stay happy and healthy
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm

You are right Mandy. They are here though! Most are buried in the builds. If you want to go really elaborate then see Tom Swenson's build. Dee Bee has an excellent electrical with pictures.

Joanne's web site even has how she made her fuse panel herself. Mary K. Did her 120vac in a simpler way that works great. Mine has a breaker and I will check the thread to see if it is all clear. If not I will try to write one that is not confusing. Problem is I did not want electric and put it in anyway.

How about you tell us what you think you need. Joanne and Mary K, as well as others do great jobs with the diagrams.

There are more but they are in the build threads and most people customize theirs.

PS- there is a book out called something to the effect of "Home Electrical for dummies or homeowners." It will have pictures of what an inlet is and pictures of a breaker. You should also walk through the electrical department at Lowes or Home depot. Get someone to explain what the parts are for a "garden shed" electrical set up. That way you really know what the parts look like.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby catrinka » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:34 pm

I've been here all along, just haven't had anything to say. My trailer has been in storage since Sept. and probably won't be out until sometime in spring.

My trailer started out with an attack cat theme that has evolved into a Garfield theme. Now I'm almost tempted to redo the curtains inside to match the Garfield theme but that seems kind of dumb when the stuff inside is only 2 years old. There is no end of Garfield on ebay so I've been collecting lots of bling for the trailer.

Hope everyone is healthy soon so they can enjoy camping.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:40 am

Hey ladies,

I have a chance to head home for a few extra days for theThanksgiving holiday and I leave in just a few hours. It's a 530 mile trip from Cleveland to my sister's home in Greenlawn NY. I turn into a totally different driver when I hit the George Washington Bridge! But I've got seven nieces and nephews waiting for me..............................

take care everyone and have a wonderfull Turkey Day!!!!!!!!

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:51 am

catrinka wrote:I've been here all along, just haven't had anything to say. My trailer has been in storage since Sept. and probably won't be out until sometime in spring.

My trailer started out with an attack cat theme that has evolved into a Garfield theme. Now I'm almost tempted to redo the curtains inside to match the Garfield theme but that seems kind of dumb when the stuff inside is only 2 years old. There is no end of Garfield on ebay so I've been collecting lots of bling for the trailer.

Hope everyone is healthy soon so they can enjoy camping.

Cathy:

Redo the curtains...change the comforter...redecorate anything! You are a woman and that is what we do best! I have a winter decor and a spring/summer one too. I figure if I am going to camp I might as well do it surrounded with everything I love. It just makes you feel good inside...know what I mean?

I am going camping the week following Thanksgiving. Don't know where yet but I think it will be at Ft. Desoto (Florida). I better start looking today for a spot - I might be S.O.L.!

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers