Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Mike C. » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:57 pm

b.bodemer wrote:Miriam,
I have a feeling the guys have been following this thread since the beginning!!!!!

Nancy,
Like your avatar. My td theme is Life is Good. I've got their stickers on my kayak and tow vehicle. Thanks for posting your pic..............your galley looks cool!!!!!!!!

take care everyone,
Barb

Barb,

I have been following this thread since the beginning, I think. I know it says "Lady Teardroppers", but just had to comment on the great work I'm seeing here. You ladies are all doing an outstanding job on your trailers and it is something for the whole forum to be proud of, not just the ladies. :thumbsup: :applause:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby Outlaw » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:11 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Barb,

I have been following this thread since the beginning, I think. I know it says "Lady Teardroppers", but just had to comment on the great work I'm seeing here. You ladies are all doing an outstanding job on your trailers and it is something for the whole forum to be proud of, not just the ladies. :thumbsup: :applause:

Way to go Mike, I was watching also :( No posts by the ladies in two days, I guess they went underground :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Mike C. » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Mike C. wrote:

Barb,

Way to go Mike, I was watching also :( No posts by the ladies in two days, I guess they went underground :oops:

Outlaw, although it was never my intention, I believe we have killed this thread. :lol: :oops: :lol:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby jmtk » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Outlaw wrote:Way to go Mike, I was watching also :( No posts by the ladies in two days, I guess they went underground :oops:

Underground?! Heck no, we've been camping! Here are a couple pics from our trip to Bryce Canyon National Park last weekend.

Enjoy!

Jeanette

jmtk
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:47 pm

:applause: Beautiful pictures Jeanette! I think your son is getting taller. Good thing you made him a place for his feet. ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Jeanette:

Now that is some beautiful scenery! Was there a campground or did you just pull over and primitive camp? What a place to wake up to in the morning.

And I agree with Aunti M, your little guy is getting taller. Get yours tools out and start expanding!

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:36 am

Wonderful pictures Jeanette! Gourgeous country, I loved the backdrop for your TD.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:09 am

Those are some great pics! :applause:
Bryce in Bryce? :thinking:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby jmtk » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:10 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:Jeanette:

Now that is some beautiful scenery! Was there a campground or did you just pull over and primitive camp? What a place to wake up to in the morning.

And I agree with Aunti M, your little guy is getting taller. Get yours tools out and start expanding!

Rebecca

Rebecca - The pic with the car and trailer above was taken at a scenic pull-out along the road outside of Bryce Canyon. The main highway to Bryce goes right through this place. It's a state park called Red Canyon (if you can believe that 8) ) In fact, the next May gathering of the Utah Salty Teardrops will be near Bryce and Red Canyon! So mark your calendars now and come see this beautiful country in person! Here's the link about the gathering: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=19718
There are lots of campgrounds in the area. We camped inside the park itself on this trip. There are commercial ones with hookups and other amenities just outside the park. And, yes, our little guy is growing taller! I figure we've got a year or two before he needs the little foot box.
Rocky - yup, he loves "his" park!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Bryce Canyon

Postby Nancy P » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Thanks for those beautiful photos Jeanette. :thumbsup: I can only hope that one day I can experience Bryce Canyon in our TD! :worship:
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well ;)

ImageImageImage
Nancy P
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Stressbot » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:49 am

Awesome photos!
:thumbsup:
Bryce Canyon is somewhere I'd like to go, but so far I haven't even made it out of the county. My camper is just wheels and a floor right now, and I'm too big of a wussy to sleep in a tent.
The gooney bird always flies backwards because it wants to see where it's been, not where it's going. It doesn't care where it's going as long as it gets to where it went.
Stressbot
Teardrop Inspector

Postby AmyH » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:57 am

Amazing photos Jeanette!! I am really hoping to take a trip down to Bryce Canyon sometime in the next couple of years. What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing.
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby mandy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi ladies,

Just sitting here dreaming of eventually building my TD. I was wondering what kind of color schems you have on and in your TD?

Sit Waiting Wishing...

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

underground

Postby Eunice » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:29 pm

didnt go underground just outside working on cast iron. The tear is in storage until I pull it out to paint it before the May DAM gathering. If you look at my post on "cast iron" you can see what I have been doing.

Bryce canyon is so beautiful. Zion is close and worth going to also. Kenny and I have been there once but hope to go back.

Our tear is red and white. It was meant to be retro 1950's to go with our 1955 ford that was wrecked. It has black and white in the galley with red and the interior is oak with a red and blue quilt, red sheets etc.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby AmyH » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Hey there Mandy. I am in the midst of a mental struggle when it comes to the color scheme on mine. The sides on mine are obviously wood (with the decorative inlay), but I still haven't decided what to do with the roof. I have been leaning toward painting the roof with marine paint. Originally I was going to skin the roof with aluminum, but I am having way too difficult a time trying to find aluminum that is big enough without being too thick.

What I would like to do is get color-matched marine paint for the roof. I am thinking it would look nice to match it to the color of my Subaru, which is willow green. I have heard that the George Kirby, Jr., company can do color matches, so I am going to contact them to determine if what I want to do will work. I am having a hard time visualizing how the willow green color will look on the tear though.

For the inside color theme, I want to keep it really earthy with green and brown tones, and I want to get some fabric that has a northwesty theme (fir trees, ferns, etc...) for the window curtains. The wood on the inside is cherry, so it has a really lovely warmish red tone, which should darken up a bit with time and exposure to uv light. I finished the wood with a natural oil varnish and a few coats of paste wax. I am finishing up the waxing still, but it is looking really nice.

That's all for now. How about the rest of you? What colors/schemes do you have or plan to incorporate?
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers