Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

Postby breesha03 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 pm

So cute!
Banker by week, adventurer by weekend.
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Image Lorraine and Greg. The Bumble Bee is Beautiful!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mary C » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:16 am

Welcome Lorraine and Congratulations. It is cute, did y'all do a build thread and somehow I missed it? and yes yes , I really would like to see pictures of the galley and sleep area. again Welcome.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Eunice » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:03 pm

love seeing the new tears. Cant wait for next spring. Have been working on the Hill House and I am ready to go!
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

hwbout wrote:Hi Ladies. My name is Lorraine. My Dad just completed our teardrop. (That's my husband Greg is my profile pic) Looking forward to our first roadtrip in the "Bumble Bee" Tear drop.
1419880_10202168997844630_99024111_n.jpg

Hi, Lorraine:

That's a cute teardrop! Are those real stones on your countertop?

S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mary C » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm

That is so cute, I love it! you are really gonna enjoy that little bee this coming summer by that time you will have all the bugs out. (just couldn't help it).

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Maureenm » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:36 pm

So cute! Enjoy!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello Ladies! I have already introduced myself in the Newbie section, but was encouraged to introduce myself here as well! I am just starting to build my first teardrop camper with my father's help. We are both good with our hands, but not in construction by trade. He is now retired, but was a corporate engineer and I am a science teacher. I can say that we both have a love for the outdoors and nature though. We live in upstate NY and are excited for a Winter project together!

As for our build, we are picking up our 5 x 10 trailer tomorrow and will tackle cutting off all the extra angle iron (it has rails, pt wood floors, and a mesh gate). We got a couple suggestions as to what tool will do the quickest job with the least damage to the trailer, so that is step one. I only have one picture that I have posted, but will have many more as soon as we get the trailer home. I plan on starting a build journal after that.

Anyway, I have loved reading some of the posts in this section of tnttt. :D I really like that there is a special section for the ladies! Most of the threads are not applicable to me yet as I am not an official Lady Tear Dropper. ;) However, I plan to have that changed come Spring as I hope to get my camper completed by then.

So, hello to everyone and I look forward to sharing stories with you all!
Lauren
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby breesha03 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Yay Lauren! Can't wait to see the progress of your new baby. Welcome to the world of tear dropping!
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Welcome, Lauren!
Don't forget to show us how you are doing on your build! (A build thread would be best for that).
We love da pictures!!! :D
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby lfrazer98 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:18 pm

I plan to post many pictures! Thanks for the welcome and I can't wait to jump in! Build journal will be up and running in a day or 2. :) :thumbsup:
lfrazer98
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary C » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey and welcome Lauren glad you made it ! It is so great you will be building with your father. I think that is very special time. Check in here, as we can sometimes have a fun time!! The subjects ar all covered I think but never are they finished and some of the older post can sometimes need a bump. Feel free but know some of the men like to put in their 2 cents worth every now and then. I will be watching your build, again Welcome!!!

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby katiehallsmith » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi! I'm Katie...new to the forum and a sometimes way too avid camper with my two kids. It's just the three of us, and we LOVE spending time in the woods, on the lake, in the campground, on the road....we are rolling stones, never sit still!

We love to tent camp, and have a pop up camper with all the bells and whistles, but I want to take the kids to Yosemite and yellowstone, and other places WEST (read: far far from Louisiana). I want to build a teardrop because I need something that doesn't need popping up or staking out after a long day of driving. I want a bed. That's it. Oh, and I guess the galley kitchen will be nice, too. As will hard sides when in bear country. Overnights made easy, less weight to tow and better gas mileage are all my reasons for building.

I'm a woodworker, welder, painter, all around handy gal. Can't wait for this project! Bought a used HF trailer off Craigslist yesterday, and plan to start building late spring!

Katie

:wine:
Single mom to two adventurous kids, planning to build a teardrop trailer to head west to the national parks!
katiehallsmith
Donating Member

Postby breesha03 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:00 pm

You sound awesome, Katie....and like just the person for the job! Nothing beats being in the great outdoors and thats exactly why I got a teardrop---for the bed and the kitchen space!

You'll find a ton of great resources here as well as a ton of great people. ....and the coolest group of ladies around. Have fun, good luck, and be sure to keep us posted on the build. As we all say, we love pics and cant get enough of em!

WELCOME!

Bree :)
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby katiehallsmith » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Here's my starting point! Can't you just see the possibilities?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394399631.036174.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394399631.036174.jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
Single mom to two adventurous kids, planning to build a teardrop trailer to head west to the national parks!
katiehallsmith
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers