Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Joanne » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:06 am

Mary K wrote:....then who would give us help on how to build our Teardrops..... :
Mk

And change our flat tires. And clean the house. And do the laundry. And serve us breakfast in bed. Oooops....sorry....wrong fantasy. :lol:

With a few notable exceptions, l like most of the guys I know. The ones on this list are just great!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Mary K » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 am

Joanne wrote:
Mary K wrote:....then who would give us help on how to build our Teardrops..... :
Mk

And change our flat tires. And clean the house. And do the laundry. And serve us breakfast in bed. Oooops....sorry....wrong fantasy. :lol:

With a few notable exceptions, l like most of the guys I know. The ones on this list are just great!

Joanne

Very True!! :thumbsup: I was just teasing, ya know. :R Being the clown and trying to get a laugh :D

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby peggyearlchris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maryk you make me laugh. Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Joanne » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 pm

Mary K wrote:

Very True!! :thumbsup: I was just teasing, ya know. :R Being the clown and trying to get a laugh :D

Mk

Mary

Wasn't that a takeoff on the Little Rascals show? They had the He-Man Woman Hater's Club. I'm not old enough to remember that mind you! I just heard others talking about it. :lol:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby mandy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Hello girls where are ya at?

:lol:
Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi Mandy:

I am here at work trying my hardest to stay awake.

Went camping this weekend and had a wonderful, peaceful time. Mosquitoes were terrible and it was hot and humid (a three shirt kinda day) but other than that, it was great. My 3 year old 10x10 Eazy Up canopy died Saturday afternoon but I had a new spare one waiting its turn. The spare 12x12 for $50 (Home Depot) is not very strong and probably won't get my $50's worth out of it. One things for sure - my next Eazy Up will be a strong one even if I have to spend good money for it.

Rebecca
Cajun Lady
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi ya! Okay NOW I can post my official, almost done (but not really) Lady built (with some help from Dad) Teardrop Camper, The Crow's Nest.

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

:M TAAA DAAAAA :M
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby NutmegJoe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:42 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:One things for sure - my next Eazy Up will be a strong one even if I have to spend good money for it.

Wal-Mart's First-Ups seem to hold up pretty well and they are only $79 when on sale. Just wanted to let you know!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Shelly:

The one that died was bought from Wal-Mart about 3 years ago and it seemed pretty strong but I seem to think something may have been thrown on top of it during storage but not sure because a couple of the support arms just broke in half and it went down. I bought another one from Wal Mart when I camped at Ft. Clinch during that monsoon rain but ended up returning it because it was hell getting it back in the bag. It took 2 of us and we struggled each time so back it went. This cheapie one I have now is very easy to put in the bag. But I know it won't last.

MK:

What a beautiful, almost finished, built by a woman (with dad's help), Crow's Nest!

Rebecca
Cajun Lady
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:01 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Hi Mandy:

I am here at work trying my hardest to stay awake.

Went camping this weekend and had a wonderful, peaceful time. Mosquitoes were terrible and it was hot and humid (a three shirt kinda day) but other than that, it was great. My 3 year old 10x10 Eazy Up canopy died Saturday afternoon but I had a new spare one waiting its turn. The spare 12x12 for $50 (Home Depot) is not very strong and probably won't get my $50's worth out of it. One things for sure - my next Eazy Up will be a strong one even if I have to spend good money for it.

Rebecca
Cajun Lady

Rebecca, at least we were camping!!! :thumbsup: :applause:

We are in a drought here, so not one mosiquito bite for me this weekend..but we were waiting for em. You should drive up here and camp :thumbsup:

I am in the market for an EZ-up...which one would you recommend. I can not figure them out...some you can add a screen too and some you can not :?

Thanks
Mk
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby sweetnotes » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:54 pm

I have been watching this discussion. I think it is fantastic that there are so many women teardrop builders. I was put on hold for a few weeks waiting for my hand to heal.

I managed to find my hand with a drill bit. :x (could have been worse.)!

I some times need to think and remember that there are uses for clamps.

I am up to building my floor/decking on my trailer. I was in a hurry to put on a temporary deck so I could use my trailer to haul my camping gear and ouch.. :cry: ..just a bad cut and some antibiotics and lots of bandaids.

The trailer hauls empty like a dream. And I practiced backing it up without assistance. yippee!! :D

As far as EZ ups you can order replacement parts for the hinges that fail. I got a couple of extra for the same shipping price. Lots less expensive than purchasing a new EZ up.
:roll:
sweetnotes
Donating Member

Postby SamR » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:36 pm

WOO HOO MK! Want to head up this way and help me finish mine?

I managed to find my hand with a drill bit.
Sorry about the hand. Are you Lynn that swung by Bear Lake? Sorry, the screen name sounds familiar but I can't remember for sure.
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 pm

I'm jelous of all of you who went camping ( Mary K and Rebecca) We had great weather for camping here but no working vehicle. Sweet notes sorry about the hand I did the same thing a while back with a Dremel. Ouch! :cry:

Mary love your trailer, SamR hows your trailer comming along do you got any more turtle stuff?

Girls rule 8)

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi there,
I've been missing for a while, but I'm back now! My build was on pause for quite some time!
I'll be back in my garage after dinner.....or maybe in the morning. Ah, the benefits of unemployment!
Here's where I'm at now:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:42 pm

swissarmygirl wrote:Hi there,
I've been missing for a while, but I'm back now! My build was on pause for quite some time!
I'll be back in my garage after dinner.....or maybe in the morning. Ah, the benefits of unemployment!
Here's where I'm at now:

Hey girl---welcome back. Wondered where you went. Progress is progress. As you can see the ranks of women has grown quite a bit in the last year. :thumbsup: :applause:

GirRdun ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers