Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi, Asha:

Welcome and best wishes! A few months of thinking about what you want and planning it all out is a good strategy. Also, go to the section that encompasses your area and check for gatherings. Go, if only for a few hours to visit; or, take a tent and plan on staying the weekend. You can get a lot of ideas, just by talking to folks and seeing what they did. There's nothing like seeing a teardrop or tiny travel trailer in the "wild".
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby ladyliz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi ladies -

My wife Rochelle and I are building a trailer based on the generic Benroy plans. We're pretty much following the plans as is. So far we've built the floor and cut out the sides and we're just getting started. We hope to have her road ready by the end of October though that would be a real stretch. Fortunately we have helpers in our friend Julianne and my nephew Enrique. Hopefully with their help and all the wonderful information on the forum well get through this!

- Liz & Ro
ladyliz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby JThompson » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:38 am

Hello Ladies.

I'm building a Foamie.. Yesterday I showed a picture of what I have completed to a younger couple. The man was astounded and looked at me and my gray white hair twice. He was shocked that a " older" woman would design, and build a camper and want to go camping" :?

It was almost enough to make me dye my hair again.
* in here, some of my dreams become realities, and some of my realities become dreams* - Willy Wonka
JThompson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby deleted » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:09 am

Greetings Tabitha, Asha, Liz & Ro, and JThompson.

Wow, lots of new people here!

Tabitha I saw your early posts about the condition of your trailer. Felt sooooo bad for you but am glad you have the skills to fix what needed to be fixed so that you could make your trailer your own. I hope to see your handiwork in person at a rally someday.

Asha I agree having time to plan is the way to go. I've seen quite a few people here post that their first trailer is to learn from then they'll build the trailer they really want. But if you take the time to think everything through you can build the trailer you really want on the first pass :thinking: Sure your building skills will improve over time but that's no reason to wing the first build imo. That way it will meet you needs and you can enjoy it thoroughly even if you do decide to build a second trailer later.

Looking forward to pictuers Liz & Ro

Don't dye your hair again JThompson. That way you can post in the grey-haired sisterhood thread here :lol: :thumbsup: The Teardrop Nanny did an inspection of my six months growth of grey at the IRG rally last week and encouraged me to keep it up :applause:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby nevadatear » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:08 pm

Jthompson, your hair is you, and not about what others may say or think. Our culture has now trained us to think silver hair should never occur. Silver hair is beautiful. And it may not have been the hair. We think that is what makes us look older, but we are much more than the color of our hair. Our life experience shows in our face and bodies. Don't be afraid to be authentic about your life experiences. Stacie and Joanie are right!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

And yes, stacie, we had so little time to talk at IRG, but your silvers look great!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby JThompson » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Thanks Ladies.

I might not have to worry about what color it is anyway. I stopped dying it over a year ago. currently its pale red blonde(natural) with alot of translucent hairs that look white.. and some darker silver ones. So color is dependant on lighting.. The new joy this week has brought me is Due to being placed on Warfarin 3 weeks ago.. its now coming out in the brush. So might be a fall of head wraps, and fleece caps. we'll see. Doc says it happens and that it will grow back if I loose it all.
* in here, some of my dreams become realities, and some of my realities become dreams* - Willy Wonka
JThompson
Teardrop Advisor

Postby AstarB1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi there! I'm not a teardropper yet - still a wannabe. Looking forward to participating on this forum!
AstarB1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 pm

AstarB1 wrote:Hi there! I'm not a teardropper yet - still a wannabe. Looking forward to participating on this forum!

Welcome to the fun, Astar! Read lots of postings and attend a gathering in your area, if you can. The more you read and see, the better your final teardrop decision will be. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi all,

Paul and I are back on the forum, although we never really left, just didn't post for a while. Anyway, we're beginning a new build. We working on a TD and have named it the Jaunt About. Our goal will be to build this and sell it, with enough of a profit to build another TTT. Anyway, it's great to be back online with all of you.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Tiedre » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Hello ladies:)
I just wanted to drop in and say hello!
I'm loving that there is a whole community of lady Teardroppers :)

Deborah from Australia
Tiedre
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Welcome, Tiedre! It looks like you've got yourself a nice teardrop! Happy camping!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Knitcat » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi, decided I shouldn't lurk too long, so decided to drop in... I am hoping to build a vardo, rather than a teardrop. I have a Bellwood Trailer that is a three owner, the guy we bought it from, Mom and Dad, then me! :D

I would like to build my own little trailer, and give them the chance to use the Bellwood, so we could all camp together. (Husband is not sure about this, but isn't saying no...) I am going to have to look about at plans, and figure out how to get space to build. Soooo, it could be a while... :roll:

I am getting sketches made up, and trying to figure out footage, etc. Can I give a bit of advice? Don't try to share a vauge idea with a machinist/engineer type. It makes for some very confused conversations...

Anyway, more as I actually get somewhere with the project. Oh, said project actually has a name. I am a Ren Faire folke. My Character's name is Cat, therefore it will be the Cat Box. (NOT the Cat House, as a few scamps have suggested...) :lol:

Have a great one!
Knitcat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi, Knitcat:

I had to Google Bellwood....Found it! http://littlevintagetrailer.com/2012/06 ... d-trailer/

Those are really nice!

Welcome to the forum and to our Lady Tear Droppers group. Since you're from Oregon, The Lakehead/Shasta Lake Dam Gathering is a wonderful way to get lots of ideas and meet a lot of good people.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=62663
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Knitcat » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks! I will have to see about that sometime!

Knitcat
Knitcat
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers