Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Lynn Coleman » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:33 pm

Mary K wrote:Hi ya! Okay NOW I can post my official, almost done (but not really) Lady built (with some help from Dad) Teardrop Camper, The Crow's Nest.

Looking good, Mary K.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby Gaelen » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:48 pm

hehehe...I went camping too (from Wednesday until just about two hours ago when I finished unpacking the truck). To be honest I was so enjoying the chance to be lazy that I didn't take too many pictures.

I left the SunSpot at home because of $$$, and met friends and a rental 28 foot travel trailer that slept 7 at our annual Women's Dog Encampment campout at the four-day dog show. Drenching thunderstorms and tornado warnings for the first night, drenching rain for the next 48 hours, and then Saturday morning broke into fine Indian summer that continued through tonight when we struck camp and drove home. So the party was a bit weather confined for the first two days, but it got a lot better by the weekend.

While I was checking out the other rigs (over 500 campers, trailers and motor homes of various sizes), I spotted and toured two Bolers, an older Serro Scotty and a Sunline Saturn, which is the 'canned ham' model one size up from my 5 x 10 Sunspot. Next year, the SunSpot is definitely coming with us--we just have to figure out how to not get charged another $150 worth of camping fees to keep it on our site!

Oh...and several of my campmates did get agility legs on their dogs, while I finished Madison's first performance title (her RN--Rally Novice) in between the rain storms. Pics to come...as soon as I find the camera!
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby SamR » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:28 am

SamR hows your trailer comming along do you got any more turtle stuff?

You don't really want to know :( It's pretty much been raining since I got back from Bear Lake (with a bit of snow thrown in over last weekend) and the Turtle (shhh)
leaks. Haven't found the source yet either. I did buy some duck cloth for my curtains (I'll stencil them with the turtles), but that's the extent of my progress.

On a side note-I did manage to strip one of the walls in my house down to studs after adding an electrical outlet escalated. This weekend I get to strip the other 3 in that room, insulate, sheetrock and paint. :cry:
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:38 am

Mary K wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:

Rebecca, at least we were camping!!! :thumbsup: :applause:

We are in a drought here, so not one mosiquito bite for me this weekend..but we were waiting for em. You should drive up here and camp :thumbsup:

I am in the market for an EZ-up...which one would you recommend. I can not figure them out...some you can add a screen too and some you can not :?

Thanks
Mk

Yes ma'am we were! Glad you don't have mosquitoes hanging out at your campsite. I think the ones where we were actually like the taste of Backwoods Off!! MK, how far do you travel to camp? Or should I say what is the farthest you have gone to camp? Mine so far was to Ft. Clinch in Fernandina Beach, FL. Took 5 hours, hard driving because it rained the entire way.

EZ-up: You know, now that I think of it, I think I purchased my EZ-up from Sports Authority 5 years ago (the one that just died) and I paid $60 on sale. It was a good, sturdy one and it makes me sick to think that I could have gotten the parts to fix it (Sweetnotes told me) because it is now in "broken camp equipment heaven". I knew I should have consulted this forum first....aaaahhhhhgggg! :x

Rebecca
Cajun Lady
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:44 am

Miriam C. wrote:
Hey girl---welcome back. Wondered where you went. Progress is progress. As you can see the ranks of women has grown quite a bit in the last year. :thumbsup: :applause:

GirRdun ;)

Thanks! Its good to be back. And yes, I definitely did notice! I gotta give a big "You go, girls" to all our lady builders!!! :thumbsup: 8) :D
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:21 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:snip MK, how far do you travel to camp? Or should I say what is the farthest you have gone to camp?

Well, this weekend it was only a 50 min drive, and there are 4 different campgrounds within a 15 mile radius, so take your pick.

CAJUN LADY wrote:EZ-up: You know, now that I think of it, I think I purchased my EZ-up from Sports Authority 5 years ago (the one that just died) and I paid $60 on sale. It was a good, sturdy one and it makes me sick to think that I could have gotten the parts to fix it (Sweetnotes told me) because it is now in "broken camp equipment heaven". I knew I should have consulted this forum first....aaaahhhhhgggg! :x

Rebecca
Cajun Lady
:thumbsup:

Ah, I feel you pain and I see that the ez-up will last a good while for the money. 60 smacker ain't that bad.
Thanks for the advise,

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Hey everyone.....So far I really like my "First UP" I got at Walmart. They also sell the screen panels for it and rope lights. Its about $70.00. The bag has wheels and also an expandable section for loading in the canvas top, after putting in the frame. Always fits. Goes up like a dream.
For anyone interest the TD's curtains are done and hung. Got kitchen towels off of Ebay with an outdoor/camping theme. I also found a really compact cool 7" screen/DVD/Radio under shelf mount. It fit perfectly. The screen turns 180deg and flips up out of the way. On sale at Target about 60-80 dollars cheaper than I found anywhere else. Works great with the truckers antenna I'm using.
Hope to take pics this weekend of the privacy curtain.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby sweetnotes » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:35 pm

Sorry about the hand. Are you Lynn that swung by Bear Lake? Sorry, the screen name sounds familiar but I can't remember for sure.

SamR I am the same Lynn...with the extreme Tear. (model of my tear) 8)
I guess I should post a picture to my posts.

Sorry to hear about the leak. Hope you can dry out and seal the leak.
sweetnotes
Donating Member

Postby SamR » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:39 am

Hey, there ya are, Lynn! The pics help me a bunch.

Mary K, I'm glad you started the EZ up discussion. Once again, I'm half a step behind you looking at the same.

Gaelen, still waiting for pics...
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby Gaelen » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:11 pm

SamR wrote:Gaelen, still waiting for pics...

Me, too, Sam...I can't find the #$%^ camera cable! It's packed somewhere between my duffle and the dog bag and the backpack where I just sort of tossed everything when I was packing up to go home. :shock:

BTW, I am *really* liking my Kelty carport and Abogear Tripod combination, both of which I set up this weekend with the larger travel trailer. Together they weigh less than my old EZup (about 15 lbs), take up less space and cover more ground. They did cost about twice as much...but I can put up the new shelters by myself, even with my current back trouble. I could barely *lift* my EZup into the truck this weekend, and when I got to camp, I had someone else take it out of the truck until Donna came by to pick it up.

My old EZup now has a nice new home with plenty of room to run--gave it to another dog trainer friend who needed a new one to take to trials. ;)
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby Mary K » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:30 pm

SamR wrote:Hey, there ya are, Lynn! The pics help me a bunch.

Mary K, I'm glad you started the EZ up discussion. Once again, I'm half a step behind you looking at the same.

Gaelen, still waiting for pics...

I actually ended up with a Coleman 13' x 11' Insta-Clip™ Screenhouse.

It was a gift and thats better than I poke with a sharp stick huh? :lol:
I will let ya know how it works out and get pics too. :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:39 pm

Hey Everyone....Just back from our Illinois gathering. Great fun, food and people! The privacy room was a big success and worked great. I made mine 40 x 42". I posted photos tonight and included inside shots of how its attached. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby Lynn Coleman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:50 pm

flygal6 wrote:Hey Everyone....Just back from our Illinois gathering. Great fun, food and people! The privacy room was a big success and worked great. I made mine 40 x 42". I posted photos tonight and included inside shots of how its attached. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Carol

Your privacy room looks great. Thanks for the pictures.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi ladies where's everyone? Hows Aunti M doing? How are all you doing?
Well I have been to the balloon fiesta. So I took a few pics for you all enjoy.

Mandy

The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby flygal6 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Thanks for the great pics Mandy. Love those burner glow shots. I bet the mass assension waves are huge by now. Been about 15 years since I have been down. Loved it.....what a fantastic time doing balloon stuff for a week.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers