going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby breesha03 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

jonw wrote:
breesha03 wrote:Hi, Patrick!

I just checked Cabelas site and they are currently sold out of the shelters! So sorry about that. I found this one on ebay--its the EXACT shelter. Little more expensive but worth the money, as far as I'm concerned:

http://r.ebay.com/A3ooqQ

FWIW, I bought one of these and thought it was very heavy and a nightmare to assemble, so I sold it to someone else via Craigslist.

My take is it would be appropriate if you were staying in one place for a while (like a hunting camp) but to assemble and dis-assemble it while travelling, not so much.

Indeed true. It weighs in a little heavy at 20+ pounds.....definitely for those who are setting up camp for a "while".
Banker by week, adventurer by weekend.
breesha03
Teardrop Builder

Postby BlackCatRacing » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:55 am

jonw wrote:
breesha03 wrote:Hi, Patrick!

I just checked Cabelas site and they are currently sold out of the shelters! So sorry about that. I found this one on ebay--its the EXACT shelter. Little more expensive but worth the money, as far as I'm concerned:

http://r.ebay.com/A3ooqQ

FWIW, I bought one of these and thought it was very heavy and a nightmare to assemble, so I sold it to someone else via Craigslist.

My take is it would be appropriate if you were staying in one place for a while (like a hunting camp) but to assemble and dis-assemble it while travelling, not so much.

Jonw, Do you mind if I ask you what you replaced it with?? I am torn between something sturdy and hard to set up (for wife and kids) or something easy to set up (myself the setter upper)
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt...
BlackCatRacing
Teardrop Builder

Postby Rainier70 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

BlackCatRacing wrote:

P.S. This is what I was thinking of buying but it seems that you can not hang things from the ceiling. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/ ... t104569380

I have had one of the Trekker Fold A Privys for about 5 years now. It is very easy to setup and take down. It is light and stores as a flat circle about 2.5 ft in dia. In a wind you have to stake it down and the top will bend and bounce around a bit.

You can't hang something heavy like a solar shower water bag from the top, but you can support things like a shower head and hose. It is also screen on the top for ventilation. I made a small rainfly for it from some water resistant ripstop. I love it for an outside shower/changing room or privy.
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jonw » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 am

BlackCatRacing wrote:Jonw, Do you mind if I ask you what you replaced it with?? I am torn between something sturdy and hard to set up (for wife and kids) or something easy to set up (myself the setter upper)

Actually I haven't replaced it with anything, yet. We decided we really don't need it when camping in campgrounds, and when not at campgrounds privacy is not so much an issue and we take sponge baths.

I understand people have different levels of tolerance and requirements, but this year we took a month+ trip out to California and got along just fine without one.

I think if I were to get something for privacy I'd get the lightweight kind a lot of people seem to use that has internal hoops and seems to opens by itself when you take it out of it's case. Google "Trekker Fold-A-Privy"...
jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Kathy53 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

What about this? Looks real easy to put up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Elemen ... 53eb87a9d6
Kathy53
The 300 Club

Postby rowerwet » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:33 am

this what I came up with for my wife, we each have a side tent over our door, for me it is just for changing, hers has the potty. 2" of wood pellets in the bucket with a lugable loo lid, takes care of the liquids. we burned them in the fire, but could have dumped them in the trash. Even after a full day of sitting the potty only smelled like wood pellets. 111518
pictures of it in use. gallery/album.php?album_id=3096
instructions for making the side tent
http://www.instructables.com/id/Quick-s ... ing-booth/
we have a shower tent, but only use it for tent camping.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby katiehallsmith » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:58 pm

My daughter and I use a STAXX can. (you know, the knockoff pringles chips in the plastic can?) We each have our own handy while camping! :D
Single mom to two adventurous kids, planning to build a teardrop trailer to head west to the national parks!
katiehallsmith
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 pm

katiehallsmith wrote:My daughter and I use a STAXX can. (you know, the knockoff pringles chips in the plastic can?) We each have our own handy while camping! :D

Hummmm STAXX can might be great. I also have a Purex laundry soap bottle. The spout pulls out and if you add a small amount of detergent it smell good too.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: toilets

Postby Triker » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Oasis Maker wrote:These are great for inside the tear: Travel John And this is great for outside the tear: Outback Porta-Privy
I use both as I feel they are teardrop essentials. However, every time someone ponders putting an actual porta potti in a teardrop, the idea "usually" doesn't work because of space. I love my porta privy for showering and a changing room too. It's great and it's up and down in an instant! Hope this helps.
Scott G.

---------------------------------
:thumbsup:

Thank you...my spouse is reassured that we can do this teardrop thing..
Triker
Triker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sheila0344 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm 60, hubby is 74. We just started 'teardropping'. We have a potty tent and it works great :)
Sheila
sheila0344
Teardrop Inspector

Postby KennethW » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm

I put tube in the roof when I built my teardrop for a pullout bar that I can hang a pair of shower curtains on.
111190 click to enlarge
It mainly for a changing room But also can be a shower and a place to pee.
it requires only a place to put the curtain when traveling.
KennethW
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Esteban » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Rainier70 wrote:
I have had one of the Trekker Fold A Privys for about 5 years now. It is very easy to setup and take down. It is light and stores as a flat circle about 2.5 ft in dia. In a wind you have to stake it down and the top will bend and bounce around a bit.

You can't hang something heavy like a solar shower water bag from the top, but you can support things like a shower head and hose. It is also screen on the top for ventilation. I made a small rainfly for it from some water resistant ripstop. I love it for an outside shower/changing room or privy.

Here's a YouTube showing how to set one up and take it down:

:thumbsup: I'm tall like the man above demonstrating the seven (7) foot high Trekker-Fold-A-Privy. It appeals to me as a good privacy tent that is taller than most, reasonably priced and easy enough to set up and take down.

Michigan Mike at littleguy forums.com/trekker-fold-a-privvy said:
I just ordered one of these this week and it arrived here today. Talk about an ingenious unit and very easy to set up! The plan here is to use this for a shower stall and for use with a porta-potti when camping. This unit is very roomy and tall and also has some vents for air, etc. I also picked up a portable shower pump with wand and will use that as well. The only thing I don't have is the bathroom sink! :-D

There were concerns about folding this spring loaded unit back up but after viewing this video it was rather simple and stored in the carrying bag with ease. My camping fun is going to be better enjoyed this winter and spring and I have all the creature comforts necessary now to make my adventures a pleasure.
Steve - SLO, CA
Esteban
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm

My simple solution to the problem was to use a wide mouth-apple cider jar, with a BTPI printed on the label. (bottle to pee in). However one morning during breakfast, I failed to see the BTPI indicator on the back side and since I love my cider, I took a big swig and damned near choked! Now if you believe that, I have a bridge I can sell you too.
:? :wine: Roly ~~
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby Rainier70 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:31 pm

This seems to be a nice disposable product at a reasonable price. $.99 each or about $.50 if you buy in bulk. Handy for nasty public restrooms
The Pee Pocket
http://www.thepeepocket.com/
Rainier70
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ramblin' Ruby » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:34 pm

1-IMG_1309.JPG
1-IMG_1309.JPG (62.73 KiB) Viewed 8514 times
That's why I changed my Teardrop bed to a single, so I could sit up and slide over to a 5 gallon bucket with a seat and lid..very handy. I don't know how I'd do it with a double bed. Works for me. The potty is under the coat in the foreground. This was the first night I slept in my Teardrop - still in the unpainted stage. Workin' on that now.
Ramblin' Ruby
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers