going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Taking the Wiz!

Postby eamarquardt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:46 am

Gatorade bottles work fine.
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Re: Taking the Wiz!

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 am

eamarquardt wrote:Gatorade bottles work fine.

Hmmm :thinking: Okay really, I'm not talking jock talk here buuuut, that would be kind of a tight fit for me. And a woman wouldn't stand a chance! :lol:
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:25 am

Oh Yeah, I forgot! Gatorade bottles have a wider opening ... So ahh no, that wouldn't be too tight a fit for me :lol: ... but it would still be a tough shot for women.
Scott G.
Last edited by Oasis Maker on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:01 am

I have a 5x8 teardrop and attach a "changing room" to the side (might have pics in my album, can't remember) but I have the 5 gallon bucket/liner and Fresh Step kitty litter ... bought a snap on luggable loo seat at Bass Pro for about $10 that has a lid so that's good .

It's very handy during the day too , when you are camped quite a ways from the bath house .
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:04 am

With my td I place a potty just outside the one door. The wind screen is set up for maximum privacy.

During the day the wind screen gets tied up.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby robertaw » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 am

b.bodemer wrote:The wind screen is set up for maximum privacy.

If you have a light on behind that white screen at night you may be getting a bit less than "maximum privacy". ;)
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:03 pm

robertaw wrote:
b.bodemer wrote:The wind screen is set up for maximum privacy.

If you have a light on behind that white screen at night you may be getting a bit less than "maximum privacy". ;)

:thinking: Good point! Maybe we need to look into some black out curtain material. 8)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:40 pm

legojenn wrote:I try to camp as close to a loo as possible. I also do things like cut back on liquids at night. Of course when it's over 30 (which is probably high 80s) in July & August, it's not always easy.

I stopped camping with a former friend because he would drink himself stupid at night, then pee wherever he thought he was not seen. If I had to walk to the washroom, so could he. I thought I didn't like camping anymore, but now I realise that I don't like him.
I like the idea of portapotties, but not the cleanup.

That is hilarious! :lol:

This is what I used - I built a privacy room from PVC and I sewed up a privacy curtain. It worked great. After a few washing and drying of the curtain, it shrunk and people could see my feet while sitting on the potty. I sold it with my Teardrop so now people are going to see the new owners feet. ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

potty time!

Postby kiblerk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 am

Cajun Lady, you are too funny! I've been working on what to do for this situation myself. I am new to this. I've camped twice this summer since I bought my tear drop. My next camp out I will have some dark shower curtains that I can attach to my canopy at one of my doors for privacy to use potty after dark. I hadn't thought about the kitty litter. Good idea! this forum is great!

Kay
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

Re: potty time!

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

kiblerk wrote:Cajun Lady, you are too funny! I've been working on what to do for this situation myself. I am new to this. I've camped twice this summer since I bought my tear drop. My next camp out I will have some dark shower curtains that I can attach to my canopy at one of my doors for privacy to use potty after dark. I hadn't thought about the kitty litter. Good idea! this forum is great!

Kay

Kay, shower curtains work good too! Just be sure they are long enough so you can weigh them down if the wind starts blowing or the campers might be seeing "two" full moons that night! ;)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 pm

with a porta pottie, works great for me
plus it is where I keep my luggage and I can take a shower if I want to
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby robertaw » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Ken&Eunice wrote:Image
with a porta pottie, works great for me

This is the roomiest looking potty tent I have ever seen. What brand it is?

I plan to have a potty in my trailer but I took the shower out and would like to have a roomy shower tent.

I never went camping without a potty again after a middle of the night potty incident 4 or 5 years ago...

We went to spend a couple of days with some friends who have a seasonal site at the river. Well the bathroom was quite a long walk from their camp. During the day you could 'plan ahead' and take a little hike.

Of course some time around 2 or 3am I woke up to an urgent need. :shock:

Still half asleep I weighed my options. I knew I would never make it walking and the camp was too populated to just find a place to squat. The only thing I could think to do was drive to the potty. So I jumped in our Jeep Cherokee and fired it up probably waking up 90% of the campers (cracked manifold, very loud).

One of my teenage sons (unbeknowst to me) had folded down the back seat and was sleeping in the jeep. It was too dark to see him when I got in so when he popped up his head a minute into the drive I was sure I was about to become the next victim of a serial killer.

I managed to 'hold it in' through the scare and finally reached the bath houses. I jumped out and ran in but only sort of made it to the stall on time. :oops:

Of course my son was completely mortified when I came out to the car to get clean clothes to change into. He expressed that I was probably the most embarrassing mother on the planet and that he was in teenager hell at that point. I told him everyone was asleep and no one saw my mad dash to the potty ;)
Roberta
robertaw
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Roberta:
I am about to wet my pants laughing so damn hard!!!! :lol: :rofl:

ok, I think I can answer your post now...(tee-hee-hee). I have two shower potty houses, both from Cabela's. One is a 4'x4' like the one in the picture and the other one is a 4'x8'. Both work great. Just be careful where you put the light in it when you are undressing or squatting because you can be seen from the outside. Believe me...I know.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Eunice » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 pm

my red one is a Columbia. It is 4x4. it works great. it has a net around the edges so the water runs out when you use it as a shower. very easy to put up!
It came with a light and a remote so you could turn it on from your trailer then walk to it. BUT Becca is right. turn the light off when you get there. :D
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby kiblerk » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:30 pm

you ladies are too funny! :lol: i'm sure we will find just the right "potty thingy".
kiblerk
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers