going pee in the middle of the night

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: going pee in the middle of the night

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am

:applause: Love that idea. I have always had a bigger tear so I could have a potty inside. Now I am thinking of getting rid of my tiny car and getting a smaller Teardrop. :?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby rowerwet » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:29 pm

Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 pm

rowerwet wrote:Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.

If one maintains the potty properly, there are no smells. People are surprised when I show them mine. (I empty my Luggable Loo and ready it for the next midnight visit every morning before breakfast; and, of course, wipe it down with Lysol wipes every so often.) I considered an inside loo an absolute 'must have' when I built. However, I know that might not be everyone's idea of the heaven that it is for me.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby lrrowe » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Sharon, your view of Heaven is the same as my wife's for this need.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby rowerwet » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:43 am

S. Heisley wrote:
rowerwet wrote:Having the potty smells inside is not my idea of fun, of course we keep the potty in the side tent attached to the tear.

If one maintains the potty properly, there are no smells. People are surprised when I show them mine. (I empty my Luggable Loo and ready it for the next midnight visit every morning before breakfast; and, of course, wipe it down with Lysol wipes every so often.) I considered an inside loo an absolute 'must have' when I built. However, I know that might not be everyone's idea of the heaven that it is for me.

Talking more about a little "wind" than anything else :lol:
Inside the side tent is part of inside for us, the tents just about double our space and make the tear into a three room area, with one mostly sound proof.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm

rowerwet wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:

Inside the side tent is part of inside for us, the tents just about double our space and make the tear into a three room area, with one mostly sound proof.

Okay, so, maybe I'm a little weird; but, if I were going potty in a tent, I think the "noises" would be heard outside the tent. Is this not so? Even though it is a natural process of the body, it seems a tad embarrassing. :oops: IMO It's odd that we've posted 31 pages on this subject and I don't remember anyone mentioning the noise factor.....?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 pm

:poop: :embarassed: Hummm maybe a shower radio.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby rebapuck » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:01 am

Running water covers noises, but that might lead to more peeing.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby rowerwet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:56 pm

from the title I assumed it is the middle of the night, everyone else should be asleep, peepers, fans etc should be louder than any personal noises... :NC
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 pm

rowerwet wrote:from the title I assumed it is the middle of the night, everyone else should be asleep, peepers, fans etc should be louder than any personal noises... :NC

Ah, now we're having a bit of a "pee" thread revival! ;)

There are those half open windows and overflow and otherwise tent sleepers.... What about first thing in the morning? It is such a treat to not have to rush to the public facility, usually a "fur piece" away, still looking scruffy and ruffled from the night's sleep; or worse, to stand in line and wait then.

:thinking: You can carefully pee down the side (inside the potty). But, that doesn't always "go" as planned....Use a Go-Girl? As far as those abrupt gas noises, you can do those inside the cabin. Recently, I heard that scientists have found that breathing in the sulfur from body gas has been found to fight cancer; so, let your cancer fighters fire away! :roll: Have a second bowl of chili for supper.

...Sound proof tent? ...Maybe a towel or quilt attached to the sides of the potty tent? That would help with inside shadow views, too.

Have I made you nervous and self-conscious yet? :lol: ...Just havin' some fun whichya. :R
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby deleted » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 pm

S. Heisley wrote:
rowerwet wrote:
S. Heisley wrote:

Okay, so, maybe I'm a little weird; but, if I were going potty in a tent, I think the "noises" would be heard outside the tent. Is this not so? Even though it is a natural process of the body, it seems a tad embarrassing. :oops: IMO It's odd that we've posted 31 pages on this subject and I don't remember anyone mentioning the noise factor.....?

I keep a Thetford porta potty in The Glampette and like Sharon said, no odors at all when not "in use." Once the slide to the black water is closed and the lid is down... Nothing. It's stationed right next to my pillow :lol:

OK, not in the middle of the night but one night at a campground the campers next to me used their side tent as their potty tent. There was a light inside the teardrop so when they stepped into the tent I could see them grab the roll of toilet paper and everything else if I'd have kept looking. They put on a potty tent shadow show :frightened: :lol:
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Just step outside. Enjoy the stars. Meet the locals. (They pee in the woods too...)

T :thumbsup: :pictures:
Last edited by tony.latham on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby lrrowe » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Love it!
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby deleted » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 pm

LOL Tony! That is my worst fear when it comes to camping!
deleted
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby lrrowe » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:40 pm

I understand Stacie and it is one reason I will not tent camp anymore in the section of the George Washington Nat'l Forest near me.
Bob

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers