New projects.......

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

New projects.......

Postby b.bodemer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:40 pm

In the fall I purchased a new F150, this time an extended cab to make traveling with my nieces and nephews possible.

Before it got too cold I added some wooden side rails stained to match the td. I spar urethaned them too. Then I stored them in the gargage for the winter since there's no camping going on here.

With the extended cab I'll have some overnight camping trips where I can sleep in the cab and I won't tow the td all the time depending on what rivers I kayak. So I bought a cargo carrier and I'll be working on a chuck/storage box. This way on a overnight or quick trip I can sleep in the truck and cook off the back.

I found some access doors on ebay at a reasonable price that were keyed alike. The sun was out and it warmed me up enough to start on a template for the doors. It also helped me visualize how high I want the box since I'll be using it to prep or cook off of. It got cold after the first cutout so there is another door the same size to add.

It's fun to get started on another project................

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Catoosa Grani » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Looking good, Barb. Those rails look real good, bet they will stand out with the tear. Your box looks like it will be so handy. Getting anxious to get out? Have a good "rest of winter".

Betty
ImageImage
Catoosa Grani
Gold Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Looks nice Barb, one thing to remember the reason the hatch is keyed alike is there is basically only one key used :roll:
You can change the lock.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:50 pm

:twisted: What a great idea! I am having a receiver put on the Sentra and the back seats lay down. Would make a good quick camp bed! 8) Just have to keep it under 100#.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 am

Shadow Catcher,
Yes..........when I ordered them I wanted only to use the same key for both access doors.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Lady Teardroppers