Ladies, I'm looking

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Ladies, I'm looking

Postby BKinGA » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Okay ladies, here's the thing: I'm sitting here alone this evening while my DD is off at a sports practice and I got to thinking (too much). In just 4 short years she'll be off to college and it'll be just me and the beagles and hopefully a TTT. As SlowCowboy was saying he's been sleeping alone for his 34 years, well I've been sleeping alone for too many more than that. I think its time to get back out there and find a man! I don't think I'm high maintenance, just would enjoy the company of a sweet, fun, funny, manly, kind of guy. I think I can bring alot to the table, well not cooking, or sewing, or well, umm, ok, . . . so I'm no domestic goddess. But, I'm presentable, educated, employed, with a lovely home, daughter, friends, and far flung extended family. I'm funny, well-traveled, love my daughter, love animals, love to laugh, and have my own teeth and my own car. Has anyone here found love in later life? Boy I hate that I'm saying "in later life". If so, where did you meet them??!! P.S. I love to dance :dancing
BK
BKinGA
Teardrop Builder

Postby Eunice » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 pm

I married my high school sweetheart 30+ years after the fact.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:16 pm

:thumbsup: Do the things you really like and remember that just because they turn you on........ It is never too late and if camping or traveling is what you like then start now. Have your daughter take you out......visit her college often...(professors get lonely too)

If you are religious---find a very large church to visit. You don't have to give up your home church to join a class or activity.

Take a class you are interested. Lots of colleges have free classes for us.

Go to large TD gatherings. Why---cause they are fun and everyone has a relative. The more people you know the better your chances or finding someone really worth the trouble.

Uh---how old are you looking for. I have a little brother but is is not much to look at. :lol: Don't tell him I said that.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:58 pm

:o Well it is easy to let a bad habit (retreating to the cows) turn into an insecurity! Find some teardroppers and get to having fun. We need to hear more from Wy.

Get down to Pam's Last Gasp and I think you will find how friendly folks can be. Or even better make it to Nebraska next year!!!!!
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:40 pm

BK, I wish you the best of luck in your search for companionship and happiness. Unfortunately however, I have no advice to offer you as I have never had any success in that department. I'll be 51 next month and I've never been married. Came close a couple of times but it seems it just wasn't meant to be. Just do whatever it is that you enjoy doing and don't let being single stop you from having fun and especially camping. I camp alone all the time.

SlowCowboy, don't be afraid to go to gatherings. I went to the Cloudcroft (NM) gathering last year thinking that I would be all alone there since I didn't know anyone. Instead, everyone was very friendly and I had a great time. I know that Cloudcroft is a long way from you but it is just under a month away and you are more than welcome to join us. Come on down. I'm sure you will have fun.
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=34520

Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby rebapuck » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Personally, I'm looking for a VW mechanic. Don't think I'll find him while sitting in my livingroom, though.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby Alan and Lianna » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Hello Ladies-
My name is Lianna and my husband and I are building our first teardrop as we speak. We rented a Little Guy and went to several gatherings while in design phase and were hooked immediately.

BK- Just wanted to wish you luck in your search. I unfortunately made the wrong choice many years ago (though I have 3 gorgeous kids). After getting divorced after 19 yrs, I re-connected with my HS sweetheart and have been happily re-married for 5 years. So, it can happen. Keep the faith. :thumbsup:
Don't just dream about it!
Wake up and make it happen...
Alan and Lianna
Teardrop Master

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 am

Just wanted to add a note about teardrop gatherings. Single folks, please come out to socialize, you don't even need a trailer, bring a tent or just come to a Saturday evening dinner pot luck, come early, walk around and look at the trailers, we love drop in guests most of the time. And you would be surprised how many single campers we have in our midst. You will feel like you're with old friends before you leave. :)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 pm

http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Cowboy, if you click on the link it will take you to posts of group camps in your area. Salty Tears has some in Utah!

If there is a gathering in Nebraska it will be announced. Used to be held every other year in Minden Nebraska. I have been to Riverton WY. You should be able to find people who would love to come to the mountains to camp.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Lady Teardroppers