New here....

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

New here....

Postby gmajane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi gals. I am reading through the old posts on this forum. You gals seem like a lot of fun. I am a 64 year old grandmother whose husband won't camp. I usually camp with my daughter and her sons who use a big tent. This spring I am planning a trip to Illinois and Missippi to see some relatives and friends. It will be my first solo trip.
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Maureenm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, Jane. Have a blast exploring all of the topics!
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Image Jane!

Don't forget the camera! And a lap top... :thinking: Oh and to have a wonderful time. Hey what part of Kansas are you from. Be sure to check out the North Central...

My husband isn't able to go often so I have grandkids who are forced to love it. 8) Actually I am blessed and they love camping, fishing and traveling....now to get some time and money.

ps....don't forget the camera cause we live on pictures around here. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Thanks

Postby gmajane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:10 am

Thanks for the welcome, gals!
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Verna » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:24 am

Welcome, Jane!!! You'll have fun doing the solo camping trip. It's so nice being able to do what you want, when you want.

It's more relaxing when I take off camping on my own. I know what needs to be done, and I just do it. When my sister is with me, her idea of what needs to be done next just doesn't seem to be in the correct order :roll: Easier for solo trips with Sunny Day.

Have fun with your tear drop, and be sure to read the camping alone thread here in Lady Teardroppers.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby rebapuck » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am

Did you build your tear?
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

My Tear

Postby gmajane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:34 pm

rebapuck wrote:Did you build your tear?

No...we bought ir from a neighbor of my Dad's in Illlinois who makes them to pull behind ATV's. I figured if a four wheeler could pull it, so could my little Honda.
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Your teardrop is cute. I'm guessing that you had quite a few trips in it since you bought it last spring and that you are enjoying it.

I can't tell from the pictures...Does it have a galley?

...Glad you found the forum and joined!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby gmajane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:49 pm

S. Heisley wrote:Your teardrop is cute. I'm guessing that you had quite a few trips in it since you bought it last spring and that you are enjoying it.

I can't tell from the pictures...Does it have a galley?

...Glad you found the forum and joined!

We averaged once a month last season including a trip to Mississippi. No...it does not have a galley. I didn't know about galleys when I bought it, or i might have purchased a different one. I bought it on impulse and am I ever glad I did! It only weighs 500 pounds and my Honda Civic seems to handle it just fine.
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Eunice » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Welcome Jane. Put IRG.4 on your calendar for this July. It would be a great trip for you and this is a huge gathering with folks from all over the country. Glad to see you on the forum.
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

IRG?

Postby gmajane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Eunice wrote:Welcome Jane. Put IRG.4 on your calendar for this July. It would be a great trip for you and this is a huge gathering with folks from all over the country. Glad to see you on the forum.

Is there a link to find out about that? I tried a search but got so many hits that I gave up. :)
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Maureenm » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Click on pamplin grove up in the header (lower right) and that will take you right to the info. In a few days.....because as we speak, the devoted crew that plans this event are camping in a parking lot to be in line to reserve the campground. Check under the Jefferson state area group to follow the progress.
Maureenm
Donating Member

IRG

Postby gmajane » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Maureenm wrote:Click on pamplin grove up in the header (lower right) and that will take you right to the info. In a few days.....because as we speak, the devoted crew that plans this event are camping in a parking lot to be in line to reserve the campground. Check under the Jefferson state area group to follow the progress.

Thanks for the information. That looks like fun.....and thanks to you all for the welcome!
gmajane
Teardrop Builder

Postby Jessy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Jane, welcome! What a cute tear, I usually travel alone and love it. Have you looked into tearjerkers? Wonderful active group. Like you, I try to get out once a month or more, either in my tear or Scamp. There is almost always someone looking for camping trip company. Hope to meet up some day, Jessy
Jessy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby T@Baker » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 am

Welcome, Jane. What part of IL are you heading for? I'm in Wayne County, a straight shot east of St. Louis. I camped New Year's Eve weekend at Rend Lake, and am considering Carlyle Lake next weekend. If you come across I64, you'll pass Carlyle :) Youngest daughter "may" join me this trip.

Don't know about the rest of you, but here lately I'm getting odd remarks from women about camping solo. They feel it's dangerous, blah, blah. I tell them fear will not keep me from going, doing, seeing, and enjoying this great country. I hope I'm not being stupid. I camp with a dog(s), and have the panic button for my Jeep in the event I feel someone is "hanging" around outside my tear. At one time I carried Mace (or a substitute), but have long since lost it.

Heck, a friend of mine has an aunt that, while in her 70s, made the yearly trip from CA to IL in her motorhome to visit the family. My mom and I camped all over in her MH with my 3 young kids. What's up with all of the "Oh, you're brave to do that" stuff. Do you all hear that...ad nauseam?
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Lady Teardroppers