My first solo trip!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: My first solo trip!

Postby parnold » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:18 pm

There is nothing quite as exciting as your first trip.... except maybe you second trip!

Looks like you had a great time, and have many, many more great times ahead!! :thumbsup:
parnold
Donating Member

Postby JenH » Tue May 29, 2012 5:09 pm

I am very encouraged by your post!! I too am getting ready to take my first trip..
Just picked up our Gypsy Wagon (aka little guy rascal) last week and my daughter( who is 12) and I will be heading out for some small trips to the Illinois River (Tahlequah, Ok)
next week to really try it out and then on to New Orleans via South Texas (Port Aransas) for 2 1/2 weeks of fun filled days. I'm glad you mentioned the pepper spray. I had intended to take my ol' Smith and Wesson but am now reconsidering that as an accessory in my purse or shower caddy.. pepper spray is MUCH lighter!! LOL!
Happy Travels,
JenH
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost.. They are most likely just trying to get away."
AGirsGottaGo.Net
JenH
Teardrop Builder

Postby DriverOne » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 pm

JenH wrote:I am very encouraged by your post!! I too am getting ready to take my first trip..
Just picked up our Gypsy Wagon (aka little guy rascal) last week and my daughter( who is 12) and I will be heading out for some small trips to the Illinois River (Tahlequah, Ok)
next week to really try it out and then on to New Orleans via South Texas (Port Aransas) for 2 1/2 weeks of fun filled days. I'm glad you mentioned the pepper spray. I had intended to take my ol' Smith and Wesson but am now reconsidering that as an accessory in my purse or shower caddy.. pepper spray is MUCH lighter!! LOL!

My wife and I drive matching Ford Festivas. They're not big enough to pull much, and in my searches for a small teardrop, I found one of those at a dealership. It looks like great fun for a trip like the one you're talking about. What will you pull it with?
Image There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!" Image
DriverOne
Teardrop Master

Postby DriverOne » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:29 pm

JenH wrote:I am very encouraged by your post!! I too am getting ready to take my first trip..

My wife and I drive matching Ford Festivas. They're not big enough to pull much, and in my searches for a small teardrop, I found one of those at a dealership. It looks like great fun for a trip like the one you're talking about. What will you pull it with?
Image There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!" Image
DriverOne
Teardrop Master

Postby JenH » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

The rascal weighs 480-490 lbs (empty) and I will be pulling it with my 2010 Toyota Corolla.. (tow capacity is 1500 lbs)..
We pulled it to the lake with my husbands 2000 Honda CRV (which has the same weight capacity for towing as the corolla) and it did fine. I'm anxious to get the hitch on my car to see how it does..
Happy Travels,
JenH
AGirsGottaGo.Net
JenH
Teardrop Builder

Postby DriverOne » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 am

I'm certain you won't have a problem. At 400 lbs, you may forget it's back there! :D

I thought you might be pulling it with a motorcycle.
DriverOne
Teardrop Master

Postby JenH » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Hahahaha.. No.. You would want to stay off the interstate (and sidewalks for that matter) with Me in control of a Motorcycle.....
Happy Travels,
JenH
AGirsGottaGo.Net
JenH
Teardrop Builder

Postby DriverOne » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:56 pm

:D
DriverOne
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers