How long??

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

How long??

Postby Zipline65 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:35 am

So, ladies. How long did it take you all to make a decision on build/buy, which design etc. I feel like we are changing our minds weekly. Help me.
Liz
Zipline65
Silver Donating Member

Re: How long??

Postby Mary C » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Liz I joined this group in October and over the next three months read the whole forum. I started my build by buying the parts and pieces over a few months and started on my build in May so I could go go GO , I would probably be still designing with out the encouragement from this group of wonderful people. I designed and went looking everywhere for the most inexpensive way to build. then turned to the foamie section, I have always been an innovator so It sounded like something do-able for me. I know I am already planning my second one. I found a trailer that they only want $75 for. I am going to get it and really think about what I want to build-----while I finish my foamie "Grits" I believe the most important decision is how big or small you want it to be. As soon as my walls were up I knew this one is for my adult kids. build what you want just remember that for two people sleeping in a four foot width is small even cozy . If you can, try sleeping on a twin bed, then decide how large.

Try to think practical then everything will fall into place. Check out the build threads.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby PKCSPT » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Once I convinced my husband that I can go by myself (he hates camping of any sort) I looked at small campers for about a year. Stumbled upon this site and knew I found what I wanted. Thought about my abilities and patience and realized I better buy one, took me about a month. I have a 4 wide Little Guy with only 1 door. No options. Love it and plan to use it for a long time, even though there are a few changes I would like to make.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:43 am

PKCSPT wrote:Once I convinced my husband that I can go by myself (he hates camping of any sort) I looked at small campers for about a year. Stumbled upon this site and knew I found what I wanted. Thought about my abilities and patience and realized I better buy one, took me about a month. I have a 4 wide Little Guy with only 1 door. No options. Love it and plan to use it for a long time, even though there are a few changes I would like to make.

I am with Karen here. Mike and I didn't have the money to buy so I built one. We laid on the floor and measured out how much room we really needed. Then we went to visit some campers....Well, Mike didn't want something that small....He rarely goes with me!!!! Practical is the most important thing. If you can afford all the bells and whistles, buy half of them...You will discover what you need as you go.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Lady Teardroppers