Working on the Decor---Part 5

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Working on the Decor---Part 5

Postby Backroads4me » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Just came back from a 3 day camping trip to Copper Falls State Park, about 30 miles south of Ashland. The second day we took a side trip to Ashland,----what a nice little city, beautiful murals on many of the buildings, stopped in at the very interesting information center on the west side of town. Lovely fall colors! Saw a CampInn tear at the park, and what looked like a nice homemade one in a driveway in Ogema, Wi. On the way home, stopped at the Wisconsin Concrete Park

http://www.pricecountywi.net/attraction ... unty-park/

where a large group of high school students and teachers were on a field trip, and attracted quite a crowd of them wanting to check out the our tear!

Got the screen windows installed, have to make a couple of adjustments on the second one, but all in all, very happy with them. The camera flash made them look lighter than they acutally are, and I could have adjusted the curtains better, but here's some photos of them. I used black nylon with clips for the roll up holders.

Love the added ventilation :thumbsup:, with the doors wide open. On colder days, we can have the doors closed, the windows on them opened up a bit, and not have to worry about the dogs (or our feet) pushing the door's screen out.

Last edited by Backroads4me on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Nice job! Looks good. :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Backroads4me » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Bob and I stopped by Mr. Repairman's shop today, and got the diagnosis for my formerly "Old Reliable" circa 1975 Singer Stylist 534. After suffering yet another set of broken gears, this time in the upper part of the machine, he officially declared it dead, not worth any more repair, and that it was now a boat anchor.

He floored us by saying he would refund the entire amount of the previous $171.00 repair bill :shock: . At which point, I told him I knew I wanted to at least return the newer (used) needle plate (for which I now had no use for), and that I couldn't possibly accept that entire refund amount. After all, he had done the labor and put in the first set of new gears, and for all we knew, it could have been just plain bad luck that the machine broke down again, so soon after the first repair. (I only sewed 33 1/2 inches of a hem before it broke down again). I was thinking that he had to be a good guy and an honest repairman, considering he offered to give me a full refund. We finally decided that I would take $100.00 and he would keep the rest. I'm satisfied with the outcome.
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Good for you. That seems very fair for both of you. :shake hands:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers