Crossover Tool Helpers?

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Crossover Tool Helpers?

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 pm

With everything we learn, we also learn to use some of the tools from one skill for another, totally unrelated project.

Today, I was tracing a pattern and thought to use painters tape to hold it down. The tape comes off easily, without tearing the paper(pulled off carefully) and there are no pins to get in the way of the rulers.

Finding that I had misplaced my pattern rulers, I used some landscape templates that I had, instead!

It was then that I remembered that, when cutting wood, I often use my seam gauge to find the proper place to clamp a guiding board.

Then, there's the kitchen-pilfered roll of waxed paper that we use to keep glue from sticking to parts that we don't want to glue...

On occasion, I have used a large flat-head screwdriver as a weed remover and have used a small paint brush to pollinate plum and cucumber blossoms.

I'm betting that many of our smart forum members have other items that they have used as crossover tool helpers. I'd enjoy reading about it and sharing ideas.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: Crossover Tool Helpers?

Postby Backroads4me » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 am

Great Ideas :thumbsup: , especially the one for using painter's tape instead of those darn pins on sewing patterns. One item I absolutely love and use for many applications is that green garden Velcro. Wonderful for staking up plants (as it was intended for), but also useful for rolling/tying up extension cords, Christmas lights, computer/electrical cords, etc.

This is more of a organizational crossover helper,---- we have two of these in our backyard. Our trusty old mailboxes turned into small garden tools, work gloves, bug repellant, and other misc. holders. This one is in the corner of our backyard and the other is on the other side at another sitting area.

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Re: Crossover Tool Helpers?

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 pm

:thinking: Hmmm... I've never used Green Garden Velcro. ...Gonna have to go looking for some!
The mail box idea is a good one, too! Sometimes, you can pick those up at garage sales.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Lady Teardroppers