Teardrop Builder

house

Postby sHoootR » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:55 am

Very cooool................. :thumbsup:
sHoootR (Guy) & SemiSweets (Vickie)
sHoootR
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tear Fan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:53 am

Sweeeeeeeet! I live in less than 1k sq. ft. and love it. (So do the dog and two cats . . . ) Living small makes sense to me. Check this out - http://tinyhouseblog.com/

Tear Fan
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby Outlaw » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:01 am

Very cool indeed. I'd love to see some builds of this type. Does anyone know of any build forums for trailers of this type?
Eric
ImageImageImage
Outlaw
Donating Member

Postby Endo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:15 am

Very cool Dee Bee!

Found this one on the tiny house blog.

http://tinyhouseblog.com/galapagos.html

Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby tinksdad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:19 am

Tear Fan wrote:Sweeeeeeeet! I live in less than 1k sq. ft. and love it. (So do the dog and two cats . . . ) Living small makes sense to me. Check this out - http://tinyhouseblog.com/

Tear Fan

Totally agree!! My current abode is right at the 1K mark. Don't need (or want) one of those 2 - 3k monsters that seem to be the predominant choice of builders now a days. My goal when I retire is to be a TD road gypsy for a couple years...... full time, just follow the sun and see some of this gorgeous country. Eventually settle down on a nice plot with one of the larger Tumbleweeds style homes (500 -600 square feet) and enjoy life. If the county tax commission doesn't feel I'm paying my share of property taxes....Screw 'Em.
tinksdad
500 Club

Postby Tear Fan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:28 am

For reasons that escape me (!) the minimum square footage for a dwelling in the county where I reside - Gilmer County, Georgia - is 700. Why is that necessary? I could live in half the space I have now. It's nice to have some space, but the reality is we just don't need it.

I believe that a lot of the problems with the housing market of late come from people wanting houses large enough to install a bowling alley. At the risk of hijacking this thread, not only does one have to make the payments on the big house, but one has to heat it, cool it, and maintain it at a great cost, not to mention the waste of resources to construct it. I see a strong similarity to driving a Class A camper to the grocery, the doctor, taking the kids to school - don't they have buses for that? lol - and any other running around one does.

Just MHO.

Tear Fan

p.s. I realize I'm preaching to the choir - otherwise, we wouldn't be teardroppers, huh?
Life is so short, we should all move more slowly. - Thich Nhat Hanh

Photos - http://flickr.com/photos/47726343@N00/
Tear Fan
The 300 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:49 am

Dee Bee...

I like it. I don't have a truck to tow something like that, nor do I have a piece of land to put something like that on. And I don't imagine I'd hitch up something like that every weekend to go camping... But I still like it.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:33 am

It would make an awesome seasonal hunting and fishing camp. Bring it out before the season and bring it home after the season ends.. I like it very much. :thumbsup:
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:07 am

Here's a really really tiny house...

http://www.mikenchell.com/tinylittlecabin/

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:22 am

Here ya go DeeBee!

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby apratt » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:38 pm

mikeschn wrote:Here ya go DeeBee!

Mike...

here is the outfit that makes those park trailers. They are just down the road a ways from me. http://www.norwesterindustries.com/
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby brian_bp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:24 pm

When a trailer has no provisions for independent use (such as tanks and batteries), so it need external power, water, and wastewater services, it is normally called a "park model" trailer... only useful in some form of trailer park. Building a trailer of wood and really tall both make it less suitable for towing around routinely, but not necessarily a park model.

As a house - not intended to be moved once it has arrived at the chosen site - I don't see any point in the trailer chassis. "Mobile homes" now routinely have no axles at all, and are moved on a dolly which is provided by the towing company; this little guy looks small enough to just winch up on a flatbed truck.

I do agree that most of us live in excessively large houses.
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels