Log Home on wheels

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Log Home on wheels

Postby Spotman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 pm

While I was picking up the Yoder Toter today, I took some shots of this. $10,000.

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby hosssask » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 am

just wondering who makes these trailers. i looked up the Cabin A retreat and found nothing.
hosssask
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:00 am

Very nice look - I like it. By just that one side in wood and the fold-down wooden porch and fence, it gives it a Tumbleweed Tiny Home feel. This model was introduced in 2006 from Aliner, a company that makes A-Frame pop ups. However, it's not on the company website anymore, so perhaps discontinued?

Here's a company press release from a few years ago and number if you want to contact them.

Press Release

Columbia Northwest Inc.
One Main Street Kecksburg, P.O. Box 131
Mammoth, PA 155664
www.aliner.com (724) 423-7440 Fax : (724) 423-8485

The Retreat

The Retreat is a new addition to the 2006 Cabin A, LLC Line. The Retreat is a camper with ample amounts of open space which offers the luxuries of a log home, but tows like a RV.

Cabin A, LLC has engineered a new product called the Retreat. Making its debut at the 2005 Louisville Show the Retreat is ideal for a small family with many options and accommodations for everyone. Built to your specifications the Retreat makes life away from home feel like you never left.

The Retreat has three floor plans available each with their own unique features. One option is a mantle with a fireplace and entertainment center offering the comfort of ones own living room. Some of the standard features include an 8.0 cubic foot refrigerator, 3-burner range with oven, microwave, mini blinds and much more.

Other options and accessories include a deck that is 12 feet by 6 feet, air conditioning, ceiling fan, bar stools, awning, screen room and a bunk with ladder and cushions. With so many options to choose from, picking the right accessories for your custom Retreat is as simple as contacting your local dealer or sale representative.

And here's a couple for sale privately.

http://www.rvclearinghouse.com/index/im ... m10579.htm

http://www.americaonwheels.com/classifi ... le_Trailer

Something a little outta whack is the price between the two though. You'll see the 2007 is going for $24,000.00, and the 2006 is half that for 12. Nonetheless, if the original poster's stated price of 10K is true, that's a pretty slammin' deal "by comparison".

Scott G.

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Spotman » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:52 am

Scott, that is the one, the first pic is the one on the lot in Gloucester RV lot. The guy showing it to a couple stated that they bought three of them from that same company you stated in PA. (going out of business) and sold two to just one person right after getting them. Yes, there was a sign on the table inside, with reduced price, $10,000! If I still had my truck, I might have come home with that, it is really beautiful inside.

Bob
2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21
2018 Toyota Tundra DC
Spotman
500 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 am

Spotman wrote:Scott, that is the one, the first pic is the one on the lot in Gloucester RV lot. The guy showing it to a couple stated that they bought three of them from that same company you stated in PA. (going out of business) and sold two to just one person right after getting them. Yes, there was a sign on the table inside, with reduced price, $10,000! If I still had my truck, I might have come home with that, it is really beautiful inside.

Bob

Hey, let me tell ya - I'm right there with you and would do the same. There's a reason why they sold two of these to one person - it's a helluva deal. Can you imagine if you had some property to put them on? Boom - you instantly have two very cool guest houses or the making for a little community retreat and you could rent them out.

This is a very warm design with the wood, sliding doors and large covered porch too, and it doesn't have that "RV" feel to it at all. It's fitting that you posted this in the Tiny Homes On Wheels Forum. Thanks for sharing ... but it's almost too good a share because I can't take advantage of it!

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels