More vintage water coolers

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

More vintage water coolers

Postby Backroads4me » Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 am

Bob had this Artic Boy 5 gallon cooler stored somewhere in the dark corners of the garage (where I fear to tread :frightened: ), he used it in the early 70;s, mid 80's. Spigot is jammed, otherwise the cooler is clean as a whistle inside and usable. Does anyone know whether the Igloo replacement spigots offered on the web would fit this??? Unlike the other AB coolers offered on Ebay, Bob's cooler has the cone shaped paper cup dispenser attached to it (completely full of yellowed, icky looking vintage cone shaped paper cups).

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Re: More vintage water coolers

Postby Backroads4me » Thu May 02, 2013 1:14 am

Found this Ted Williams Sears 3 gallon water jug at an antique store today, just loved the cheerful yellow color and had to bring it home. In new, unused condition, have checked it out and it doesn't leak. Looked up what they are going for on Ebay (or at least being listed for) and I did pretty good on the price. If it doesn't fit under the galley shelf of the TD, we'll carry it in the pickup bed.

Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Re: More vintage water coolers

Postby logman7777 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Love the vintage coolers! You might want to try some of the homebrew companies for a working spigot. Or even a hardware store.
Coleman Keepers 200A Gang
Green Lantern Corpsmen
High Wide and Handsome Probationary Member
Happy Camping!! -Andy
logman7777
500 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment