help with value

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

help with value

Postby goldgeezer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:12 am

what is a 1960s Western Field 2 burner propane stove worth and a Turner propane lantern the one where the bottle sits almost sideways
goldgeezer
Teardrop Inspector

Re: help with value

Postby wagondude » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Hard to say. Not much info out there on the stove. The lantern would probably be of more interest to more people. Post up some pictures of what you have and maybe someone can give you a better idea. Maybe Doug will know something about the stove. Looking at Ebay, there are listings for lanterns anywhere from $25 to $104 (buy it now prices). Just remember that Ebay prices can be higher than what you might find (or be able to get) locally.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: help with value

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm by no means an expert on this stuff. I've just stumbled through it all and learned in a "baptism by fire" technique over the last few years. However, chances are...a 60's propane stove and lantern aren't a real big deal. With any of this sort of thing, if you are interested in it, pick a price that's worth it for you and offer it up. Of course, an avid Turner or Western Field collector may potentially go all crazy on me for the last statement. Typically the much older items are something that has some sort of a track record that can be verified. Propane items usually don't draw the dollars like a white gas item would. It's kinda like....what's it worth to you and do you really want it? Just my opinion. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment