Thanks Woodbutcher and Mike P.

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Thanks Woodbutcher and Mike P.

Postby doug hodder » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Woodbutcher and Mike Perini for these items that they so generously donated/gifted to my new build. It's great people like this that makes this forum so special. Thank you so much and I really appreciate your kindness.

Woodbutcher found these really nice larger canisters with the flour and sugar on them. They are perfect for the new build and I dig the color on the lids. These were made by Kromex. This style spice container was made forever 40's through 60's and are spun aluminum with a bakelite top. They are available in a lot of colors including teal. Bodies are also available in anodized copper. I think it has that perfect 50's look and reminds me of my childhood as we had them in the kitchen. A flour dredge is a real necessity for gravies etc...The others shown in the upper right are a couple that I found on E-bay that no one was bidding on as they were a broken set. Mint condition, unused, unfortunately...they are things like ginger, cayenne, and allspice...Yeah, I'm using a lot of that when camping!

Mike Perini gave me this Dazey ice crusher. It's patent dates are late 1939 but the older ones had an opaque bakelite lower portion on them. Since this is translucent, I'd bet it's a late 40's or early 50's body. I really like the "rocket" appearance of the lower portion. It has an adjustment for the crush size and the bottom twists off to dump the ice. I will probably attach it to the exterior galley table that I'm going to build. Perfect for a vintage crush on ice for those cocktails that surely will be consumed, and again...the color is perfect. Plan is to do a mild resto on it. He's got an awesome green one in his Airstream.

Keep your eyes open for odd kitchen items from yesteryear! They make perfect additions to a tear or trailer to really give it a vintage feel and chances are...still work better than any of the new stuff out there!

Thanks again guys. You're part of my new build and I won't use them without thinking about you!

doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: Thanks Woodbutcher and Mike P.

Postby eamarquardt » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Growing up my parents had an ice crusher like that. As I recall top was chrome and the bottom was red.

Not sure what happened to it.

If anyone is feeling left out they're available on EBay: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/antique-ice-crusher

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby KCStudly » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:22 pm

doug hodder wrote:It's great people like this that makes this forum so special.

Amen brother. :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

KC...I've had people donate small items and be part of many of my trailers back to '07. There just isn't a better group of camping people around! I'm proud and thankful to be associated with such a generous, friendly group. Many of my best buddies/friends have come off this forum and camping experiences.

PS. I've got 2 trailers all set up for "guests" this weekend. It's a birthday thing.
Keep on campin'! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby KCStudly » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:12 am

Well if it is your B-Day, have a happy one. :thumbsup:

If not, have a blast anyway!
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:50 am

Your welcome Doug. I didn't do anything that most of the members here wouldn't do. I also have made lifelong friends through this forum. There are no better people anywhere. :beer:
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Zollinger » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:52 pm

It really is true that you meet the nicest people on this forum! I also love the boomerang formica.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment