to many colemans!

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Re: to many colemans!

Postby Woodbutcher » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 am

I just move to another building and keep going.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Dave A » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:05 pm

The words TOO MANY and coleman are not in my vocaburlary
Dave A
500 Club

Postby kayakdlk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:15 pm

I only have one white gas Coleman lantern and one battery powered lantern and never saw the need for anymore

If you don't want them then sell them for a profit

Dan
kayakdlk
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Zollinger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:35 am

:o Whaaaat? Too many Colemans? I know not of what you speak Mr. Cowboy. :shhh: (I kinda know ya are talking about)
I am also over run with lanterns and stoves. Stoves everywhere, one in the outside hallway, one on the outside steps, several in the attic, one in each trailer, and a couple of spares in the shed/trailer. And people still keep giving them to me because I know how to fix them and use them. I just smile and thank them. Hey you never know when they might bring you something good? The guys at the recycling center keep rescuing them for me, but what they don't know is that once in a while I sneak back there and return them to the scrap pile. I don't have to go far the recycling center is behind my house. 8)

edit: Why is it, I can proofread and proofread again and NOT spot my mistakes until it's posted? Augh.
Dawn
Zollinger
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:04 am

Hey Slow,

If you need to make room, you can send that chandelier to me LOL
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:20 am

Bring them to a gathering for a raffle prize. :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm

I don't get the collecting of lots of exactly the same thing. As an example, how many 220J's do you need? There's nothing really exciting about them, keep the best one, dump or trade off the rest. While I may have plenty of stoves, I don't have any duplicates. If I wind up with one that someone gives me and I've already got it, and it's really nice, I swap it in and dump the lesser of the 2. Don't waste your money on the same thing time after time. There is probably a reason that one may have lots of the same lanterns around. It's because there ARE lots of them around. Work on finding the off beat items. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby campmaster-k » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:08 pm

I just bought 2 220's that I dont need at the bootfair this last weekend. I did it for 2 reasons. 1. I have to, I am a hopeless addidct. 2. They were 5 bucks each and one had an original amber globe! I like that kind! They are like cigritz. 8) :lol:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby Wolffarmer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:22 pm

doug hodder wrote:I don't get the collecting of lots of exactly the same thing. As an example, how many 220J's do you need? There's nothing really exciting about them, keep the best one, dump or trade off the rest. While I may have plenty of stoves, I don't have any duplicates. If I wind up with one that someone gives me and I've already got it, and it's really nice, I swap it in and dump the lesser of the 2. Don't waste your money on the same thing time after time. There is probably a reason that one may have lots of the same lanterns around. It's because there ARE lots of them around. Work on finding the off beat items. Doug

Guilty as charged. I have many duplicates. I have this sickness you see. It keeps me away from the bars. :oops:

On April 13th I stopped at the local 2nd hand stove and there was a 413E for $5 just begging me to take it home. Pretty straight, normal worn paint and a bit of rust. Looks like it will clean up good. And it did but does need a new generator. Get it fixed up and then it will get passed on. Last thrusday went to an Estate sale and found a forlorn 220E. kind of rusty on the frame but tank looks good inside $10. Have not torn in to it yet but it might get passed on also. There was also a 530 stove without the container and one of the supports for the pot ring gone. Has the funnel and other than the missing parts looks pretty good. Will probably sell that one as i already have a very nice one. My first 426 was a very nice B model. To nice to take out of the original box so I got another 426B for a user. Now, about all those other duplicates of stoves and lanterns.
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment