Vintage Sheepherders "Wagon" (Camp)

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Re: Vintage Sheepherders Wagon

Postby sagebrush » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:23 pm

[quote="Wolffarmer"]Nice rig. But I must correct the terminology, it is just something that bugs me, do not mean to be mean. I grew up around sheep men, sheep outfits and all. Around here they are called sheep camps. Never a wagon in the name. And you will never get me to ever use "wagon" in the name. :)

Easy there Randy, 8) On the east side of the mountains they are called sheep wagons . My granddad built quite a few for a lumber company in Gillette WY. There is one on display in the museum there.
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Vintage Sheepherders Wagon

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:34 am

sagebrush wrote:
Wolffarmer wrote:Nice rig. But I must correct the terminology, it is just something that bugs me, do not mean to be mean. I grew up around sheep men, sheep outfits and all. Around here they are called sheep camps. Never a wagon in the name. And you will never get me to ever use "wagon" in the name. :)

Easy there Randy, 8) On the east side of the mountains they are called sheep wagons . My granddad built quite a few for a lumber company in Gillette WY. There is one on display in the museum there.

Well what can one expect from you eastern people. :thinking:
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment