Neon-Lite takes first road trip!

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Neon-Lite takes first road trip!

Postby groys02 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:02 pm

Hallelujah!

Trailer hitch installed, and it was off down the road behind my trusty 95! Seemed to me it towed just fine, with only a "medium" amount of drag, and no wandering around, or pushing me around when braking. Weighed it at local Coop--820 lbs at this point. Haven't checked the tongue weight, but I can lift it at the hitch and move it around myself, so can't be too bad.

More work since on the bed platform, and found a rear bumper cover---now painted with epoxy grey primer and installed. Soon hope to have the panels fabricated/installed between sleep area and galley. (I'll keep adding a few pics here and there to my personal album.) Also hope to fabricate a mount for the spare underneath the former trunk area soon...

Then it's back to metal smoothing/filling/painting... then interior work.
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Juneaudave » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Your killing me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This I gotta see when it's finished...BTW...Nice work!!! :thumbsup:
Juneaudave
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Re: Neon-Lite takes first road trip!

Postby bgordon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:44 am

Hi,

Fixed the link for you!

groys02 wrote:Hallelujah!

Trailer hitch installed, and it was off down the road behind my trusty 95! Seemed to me it towed just fine, with only a "medium" amount of drag, and no wandering around, or pushing me around when braking. Weighed it at local Coop--820 lbs at this point. Haven't checked the tongue weight, but I can lift it at the hitch and move it around myself, so can't be too bad.

More work since on the bed platform, and found a rear bumper cover---now painted with epoxy grey primer and installed. Soon hope to have the panels fabricated/installed between sleep area and galley. (I'll keep adding a few pics here and there to my personal album.) Also hope to fabricate a mount for the spare underneath the former trunk area soon...

Then it's back to metal smoothing/filling/painting... then interior work.
Barrie

Keep moving forward.
Psalm 1:1-3.

Build Journal: bgordon's 5 week cardboard & fiberglass build
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38781
bgordon
Teardrop Master

Thanks!

Postby groys02 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 am

Thanks to bgordon for fixing the link to the pic in my earlier post. A late nite thing! In the autobody trade, in dealing with warped & twisted metal, we speak of "metal fatigue"... guess I had a little mental fatigue going the other night.
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Postby COMP » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:36 pm

where can i see more pics ??
COMP
Teardrop Builder

Postby groys02 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:25 pm

COMP wrote:where can i see more pics ??

Hi there... Could be I'm not making pics available in the most normal fashion--still new to this.
But I think if you click on the "personal album" box at the bottom of my reply, you'll just automagically go to where I've stored pics from different stages of the build.
If I haven't covered some stage of the build with a picture that you'd like to see, let me know---I'll take camera in hand and go try to get an image.
Right now I'm building the bulkhead between sleeping area and galley, and wrestling with fabricating a spare tire mount under the rear section (to help keep the tongue weight reasonable--175lbs currently, with the pretty much empty shell). I'll add some pics of that stuff later this weekend, hopefully.

Best wishes,

Gary
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Postby COMP » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 pm

groys02 wrote:
COMP wrote:where can i see more pics ??

Hi there... Could be I'm not making pics available in the most normal fashion--still new to this.
But I think if you click on the "personal album" box at the bottom of my reply, you'll just automagically go to where I've stored pics from different stages of the build.
If I haven't covered some stage of the build with a picture that you'd like to see, let me know---I'll take camera in hand and go try to get an image.
Right now I'm building the bulkhead between sleeping area and galley, and wrestling with fabricating a spare tire mount under the rear section (to help keep the tongue weight reasonable--175lbs currently, with the pretty much empty shell). I'll add some pics of that stuff later this weekend, hopefully.

Best wishes,

Gary

cool Thanks :thumbsup:
COMP
Teardrop Builder

Return to Non-traditional Designs