More pics added to my personal album...

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

More pics added to my personal album...

Postby groys02 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:21 pm

Got the floor/sleeping platform pretty much formed. And the firewall/bulkhead between sleeping area and galley. Added some levelling jacks to both front corners, and rigged a sling to hold the spare underneath the trailer at rear.

Looking forward to doing some more finish-oriented work now on the front sheet metal. I'm going to use an air hammer with a 1" diam crowned head to work the metal out to a more smoothly rounded shape before filling/sanding/priming. And once the sheet metal's worked as much as I reasonably can, then I can fit the final piece of flooring up against it from the inside! (And then my "rough carpentry" phase will be pretty much done.)

I'm going to try "warming" some 3/4" blue-board with a heat gun, to see if I can "form" it to lay up against inside surface of the compound curves of the outer skin, before working on some interior surface over the insulation itself. If it works, the inside face of the blue-board would be pretty much flush with the conduit "ribs". I'll have a window open and exhaust fan going, in the event that heating the blue-board releases ornery chemicals. Anybody tried this heating/forming thing??
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 pm

:o I think you are right about releasing chemicals there. Might be worth a respirator if it works though.

You unique TTT is so sweet. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

re chemicals

Postby groys02 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Miriam C. wrote::o I think you are right about releasing chemicals there. Might be worth a respirator if it works though.

You unique TTT is so sweet. :thumbsup:

Warning only reasonable... I'll use a respirator. Probably won't get to that til after week's jaunt to CO for some old-fashioned tent camping SW of Leadville.

I'll be sure and post later, whether the heat-forming works or not.

best wishes,

Gary
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
— Eleanor Roosevelt
groys02
Teardrop Advisor

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:54 pm

SW of Leadville? Like up at Twin Lakes? wonderful camping. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to Non-traditional Designs