...lake camper?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

...lake camper?

Postby paddlin4reds » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:45 pm

...a little different. But, how cool. 8) No camping at the lake. Camp on the lake :twisted: :thinking: 14'10'', 800 lbs :D
http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/sailboats/CLC-POCKETSHIP.html
paddlin4reds
Teardrop Inspector

Postby zelix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am

Cool. Here's a great little sailboat. I actually have the plans for this one. I haven't started building it yet. I am waiting for my daughter to get a little bit older so I can have some serious help. maybe in a year or two.

http://www.stevproj.com/PocketYachts.html

zelix
Teardrop Master

Postby Mark McD » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:31 pm

Zelix,
I've built the weekender. It's a great lil boat. I'll post pics in my album later.

Photo of Stevensons Projects Weekender in my album. I built the shell for a friend of a friend. He took it from there. Only pic I could find on this computer.
Last edited by Mark McD on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like turtles
Mark
I don't feel tardy
Mark McD
The 300 Club

Re: ...lake camper?

Postby Mary K » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 pm

paddlin4reds wrote:...a little different. But, how cool. 8) No camping at the lake. Camp on the lake :twisted: :thinking: 14'10'', 800 lbs :D
http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/sailboats/CLC-POCKETSHIP.html

Oh, that is the one TonyJ wants to build. :thumbsup: Very nice.
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby moreforles » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:07 pm

I saw the pocket boat site before.... while researching a small sailboat for a buddy, someone gave him one... just wanted it out of their yard.... his was 18' I think, I can't think of the name (model) but I did contact mfr and confirmed it was one of theirs... We figure it will be water tight.... as it was filled with water when he got it... along with algae and mold..... we used carpet cleaning equipment to suck the water out.... and rinse it down... sails were pretty much trash, but boat it self seemed sound.

I told him, we cleanup and refit the tiny cabin, and even if he never learns to sail, replaces sails or even puts it in the water..... leave it on the trailer and use it like a little camper...

He was moving last week and found that one of the tarps he had over it leaked and it was full of water (ice) he said he was going to give it away (same price he paid for it, but....) I told him I wanted it and he said what ever... so now I might have a boat too.... (more importantly... maybe a trailer for camper build....)

I might offer a little cash (although he'll have to wait for it.) just to make sure he doesn't give it to someone else....

And as soon as I get a chance I'll see if I can find info on it again, take a drive and measure trailer and photo them....

anyway I was thinking on and earlier post some one was looking for surper cheap camper build.... have someone give you a boat with sleeping cabin, or buy one cheap that doesn't float or with blown motor.... they're easy to find, and just leave them on trailer and use the crap out of them....

one of the carpet cleaning customers, used to keep a boat at Salt Fork State Park... The engine was blown, but they just used it to sleep in, instead of paying for camping spot, they just left it there and used it on weekends like a tent...., she said kids slept below and on the deck in sleeping bags.
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Postby moreforles » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:13 pm

:drofl: :rofl2: I teased him for the longest time, telling him to just leave it full of water, throw some gold fish in and use it like a mobile pond.....

:twisted: I really don't care about the boat..... but who knows....might put it to use too, but the trailer.... could be just what I need for shuttle camper build.
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Return to Non-traditional Designs