2009 Shasta

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

2009 Shasta

Postby xrover » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:01 pm

I was the Toronto GiantRV show today and they were showing the new rebirth of the Shasta. I only took one photo with my cell phone, but it was very cool. Has the wings, and the interior is modern retro feel. Upon entering at the front, there is a half loveseat done in grey/red colouring. The rear dining area has wraparound seating which breaks down into a double bed. The sink/counter are is done in a retro patterned aluminum top. I have posted a photo of it in my gallery.
The retail on it was around $18-19k C$.[/img]

Edit - picture is now in my gallery
Last edited by xrover on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1988 Cadet
2006 Argo Avenger
xrover
Teardrop Master

Postby brian_bp » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:15 pm

I noticed the Shasta Airflyte 16 at our local RV show a few weeks ago as well; the dealership clains they got the first one shown in Canada, especially for the Edmonton show.

The Shasta's appearance is very retro and I like it; the interior is likely very unlike the original but has retro touches (chrome counter edging like an old kitchen table) and lots of style; the construction is completely modern (and conventional); and the general level of parts and accessories is premium (glass-covered sink, big skylight, high-end windows etc). This is a product for a well-heeled specialty market. It is not light for the size.

Airstream is also showing a concept model (not production yet) called the Scout, which is another "canned ham" but not necessarily a copy of a specific classic design.

There's also the R-Pod, a generally teardrop-shaped (but regular travel trailer layout) design with several size/layout choices. One interesting touch: the spare is mounted on a carrier which inserts in the 1.25" square hitch-style receiver, so it can be easily removed, or replaced with other accessories such as a bike rack. I found that the tapered tail and rounded front interfered less with the usability of the interior space than I expected.

It's retro year in the trailer world!
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: 2009 Shasta

Postby brian_bp » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:20 pm

xrover wrote:...Upon entering at the front, there is a half loveseat done in grey/red colouring...

That was the Airflyte 12; the other Shasta (the Airflyte 16) has bunks up front.
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: 2009 Shasta

Postby xrover » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:31 pm

brian_bp wrote:
xrover wrote:...Upon entering at the front, there is a half loveseat done in grey/red colouring...

That was the Airflyte 12; the other Shasta (the Airflyte 16) has bunks up front.

This URL leads to a review and they have the exact model they are displaying in Toronto.
http://atomicaddiction.blogspot.com/200 ... ailer.html
1988 Cadet
2006 Argo Avenger
xrover
Teardrop Master

Postby Mark McD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 pm

I like turtles
Mark
I don't feel tardy
Mark McD
The 300 Club

Postby Elumia » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:07 am

posted this in another thread a few months ago - seems the Shasta 12 ft comes std as all electric - no propane, no batteries

http://squob.com/travel_trailers/new-sh ... -electric/
Elumia
500 Club

Return to Non-traditional Designs