Koyteliner Standie

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Koyteliner Standie

Postby kyotevolvo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Drew up this standie design to fit my needs. I'm 6'6" so it's gotta have some serious headroom. Tow vehicle is my '84 Volvo Baja Wagon :)

Whatcha think? Especially of the pointy aerodynamic-ish nose?

Tow Rig

Trailer

kyotevolvo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby synaps3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:28 pm

It looks a bit proportionately tall -- you might want to widen your design so that it doesn't tip! :lol:

What is the tow capacity on the Volvo? You might not have the power to pull a standy.

I do like the nose. It's cool. :thumbsup:
-- Dave

Build log: here
synaps3
The 300 Club

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Suggestion: Build a storage cabinet underneath the bed that is from the rear wall to the front of where your seat would be when open. Place doors of the face of the storage bin so that you can access it. Then, have a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood that either comes out from underneath the sleeping pads or is actually part (or all) of the fold-down table. In the sleeping position, this plywood can rest on brackets fastened to the walls on either side.

Alternatively, build a longer storage bin on one side and use it as an extra seat at 90 deg to the rear seat. This would leave you a smaller piece of plywood to shift around and you could more easily adapt that smaller piece to usage as a table top.

NOTE: You can also add exterior doors to access that HUGE storage area under the bed, because the very back of the storage area will be difficult to reach from inside the trailer.

I'm just not good at using the CAD programs to explain this very well. Sorry.

AJ
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Return to Non-traditional Designs