My Giant Teardrop build

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:27 am

Steve_Cox wrote:Johnny,

:thumbsup: Only 12 pages and your making sawdust. Looking good! :lol:

There should be an award for the most pages in a trailer build thread

Well, until now I've been making metal shavings. :lol: I'm back in my element now, maybe it'll go faster. I guess that's what I get for buying an old rusty junk yard trailer frame. :lol:

Oh and it's 13 pages now.
:R :R :R
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby swissarmygirl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 am

Steve_Cox wrote:Johnny,

:thumbsup: Only 12 pages and your making sawdust. Looking good! :lol:

There should be an award for the most pages in a trailer build thread

:lol: :laughing1: :laughter:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:32 am

Awww Johnny, they are laughing at your teeny bit of progress. :( You want me to sock em' for you?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby swissarmygirl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:57 am

I'm not laughing at Johnny....I'm laughing at Steve laughing at Johnny. :D

Let's not forget, mine has taken over 3 years...and I'm almost done. :lol:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Laugh it up...if somebody, somewhere wasn't laughing at somebody, somewhere else...it would be an awful sad place.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:36 pm

When I look at the size of your project, my wallet runs and hides! I'm looking at purchasing 100' of poplar to frame the 13 cabinet doors of my Weekender, and at big box prices, I cannot justify it. That means doing some careful math, and placing an order with the hardwood supplier. Should cut the price of the wood by 1/2, but still a lot of money.
You, Johnny, will be making some lumber supplier very happy in the coming months. :D
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Well if I can keep getting my stuff in Lawton at Home Depot it won't be as bad as buying here in my town. Just not going on a windy day again. And I'm staying away from the hardwoods (for now) Pine is my friend.
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby satch » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Maybe on page 23, we'll see a floor done :lol: ... kidd'n with ya bro, by the look of that monster it should take a while.
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Hey...I just like to hear (see) myself talk. :lol:

one more trip to Ace Hardware after work and the floor should be on by page 14 or 15
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby del » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Ivar the Red wrote:Hey...I just like to hear (see) myself talk. :lol:

one more trip to Ace Hardware after work and the floor should be on by page 14 or 15
Are you sure, I am predicting page 31. Folks I think he is trying to have more pages than the puffin build by Steve.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Ok...I was running the wires for the tailights last night, and when I got to the wheels and looked down at the brakes, I wondered to myself, "Does this thing really need brakes? And if so it wouldn't need all 4 wheels to have 'em, would it?"

Any thoughts on this? Suggestions? I kind of wanted to do all that wireing crap before the floor went on, but I can go from underneath if need be. Also, what size wire should it be if needed? And is there a spot on a 4 prong hookup for brakes, or are they ran differently?
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby del » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:03 pm

Ivar the Red wrote:Ok...I was running the wires for the tailights last night, and when I got to the wheels and looked down at the brakes, I wondered to myself, "Does this thing really need brakes? And if so it wouldn't need all 4 wheels to have 'em, would it?"

Any thoughts on this? Suggestions? I kind of wanted to do all that wireing crap before the floor went on, but I can go from underneath if need be. Also, what size wire should it be if needed? And is there a spot on a 4 prong hookup for brakes, or are they ran differently?
You may want to check with your state laws on whether you have to or not. Washington state I am told requires them on both axles (on trailers with tandem axles), some states only one axle. If you hook up one axle and not the other, hook up the rear axle. If you do not have to be inspected, do what you like, but I would hook them up. For wire size what wires are there? I think I used 10 gauge (or was it 8 ) on the Jelly Belly.

Johnny how far are you from Severy Kansas?

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:05 pm

Ivar the Red wrote:Ok...I was running the wires for the tailights last night, and when I got to the wheels and looked down at the brakes, I wondered to myself, "Does this thing really need brakes? And if so it wouldn't need all 4 wheels to have 'em, would it?"

I had heard 3000 pounds requires brakes in Arizona. Here is an article I located.
http://www.aa1car.com/library/trailer_brakes.htm

Something as big as your rig would certainly benefit from brakes.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 am

Question...What is 74" wide...
187" long...
It's Johnny's floor!!! Finally. :lol:
This one shows the rough lay out of where the "Party Deck" will be...
This is a mockup of the wheel wells...

Well, she's all back under plastic again now, we're suppose to get rain the first part of this week. Next time I think I'll build the wheel wells. Should I put the black goo on them and then some metal? Or would the black goo just be over kill?
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:30 am

del wrote:
Ivar the Red wrote:Hey...I just like to hear (see) myself talk. :lol:

Are you sure, I am predicting page 31. Folks I think he is trying to have more pages than the puffin build by Steve.

del

HAH!!! page 13! A page sooner than I expected....thanks for the motivation Del. :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

PreviousNext

Return to Non-traditional Designs