Cassette Trailer arrives! Pics posted!

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby Andelburg » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:41 pm

Thanks to Mike's nagging--I mean encouragement!--I have just posted pics of my new Cassette trailer.

It's not the classic teardrop of my dreams. It's stubby and boxy and modern. I'm calling it The Ugly Duckling. But it's the right solution for the moment, I got a good price, my hubby is actually willing to use it (couldn't bear the confinement of a teardrop), and I'm completely delighted with it.

Not that I've gone anywhere yet.

But all in good time! Meanwhile, I HAVE taken some pictures, so have a look in the album section under "Andelburg".

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... ser_id=329

-Andrea
Andelburg
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Very nice pictures Andrea... thanks for sharing!! :)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby beverlyt » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:57 pm

Thanks to Mike's nagging

Mike, would you PLEASE stop with all the nagging!!!! :D

Andrea, that's one very nice trailer you got there. Looks nice and roomy, yet on the small side.

It may not have the traditional "teardrop" lines, but it's small and functional, which is what I care about most in a "tiny trailer".

When I was first looking for a small, lightweight trailer, I didn't care if it looked like Cinderella's pumpkin coach.. just as long as it was small.

Congratulations on that new trailer!

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Re: Cassette Trailer arrives! Pics posted!

Postby BufordT » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:04 pm

Andelburg wrote:Thanks to Mike's nagging--I mean encouragement!--I have just posted pics of my new Cassette trailer.

It's not the classic teardrop of my dreams. It's stubby and boxy and modern. I'm calling it The Ugly Duckling. But it's the right solution for the moment, I got a good price, my hubby is actually willing to use it (couldn't bear the confinement of a teardrop), and I'm completely delighted with it.

Not that I've gone anywhere yet.

But all in good time! Meanwhile, I HAVE taken some pictures, so have a look in the album section under "Andelburg".

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... ser_id=329

-Andrea

Nice trailer. I looked at one last year here in Fl. I don't know if it's still on the lot or not. I'll check sometime this year when I get back up that way. The one I looked at had single beds on each side not like the one you've got.

Post some pic's of the galley when you can please.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Ranger Rod » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:49 pm

There's one on the lot in Gulf Breeze, FL. It has been there quite a while even though they have it up front surrounded by large trailers. I looked at it a while back & I think they had it on special at about $5K.

Very nice Andrea, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :applause:
Rod
Ranger Rod
Teardrop Advisor

Postby tdthinker » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:03 pm

I like them, bye
Ryan
tdthinker
500 Club

Postby catrinka » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:18 pm

We looked at the Cassette here last summer but they wanted 10K for it. Too much for our budget,
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Dennis T » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:01 am

So did the canapy come with it or was it an option? With the back open and the the side covered there a options to close it in for shade and more cover. I hope you make it to a Tearjerker event because I would like to see it up close. In closing, all I can say is an "Ugly Duckling" is a Swan in disguise. :dancing
Dennis T
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby Arne » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:01 pm

The a/c unit does not seem to protrude into the cassette very far. Does it hang outside much? There were no pics of that side so couldn't tell.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mwatters » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:07 pm

If only these were cheaper or been around longer so nasty looking used ones were available. It looks like a wonderful candidate for chopping out most of the interior and building a mini toy hauler. Run a couple of big bikes into the back. Pull them out and fold down a big bed. Ideal.

mkw
Mike
Watters
mwatters
Teardrop Master

Postby Larry Messaros » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:07 am

Andrea

That's a great looking trailer! I think it's sorta cute and it looks nicely finished. :thumbsup:
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Andelburg » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:40 pm

Dennis asked: So did the canapy come with it or was it an option?

It comes with a bag-awning over the side door, as well as netting that can be attached to the rear hatch to form a little screen room around your galley.

Arne said: The a/c unit does not seem to protrude into the cassette very far. Does it hang outside much?

There's just a little more outside than inside. It's a tiny little air conditioner, not original to the trailer but added by the dealer. They had installed one in another unit just to show customers that it could be done, so I asked them to install one for me.

Cathy said: We looked at the Cassette here last summer but they wanted 10K for it. Too much for our budget,

Wow, too much for mine, too! I paid just a little over half that, not including the a/c and the charger, which the dealer added. Very nice dealer to work with btw--ScenicRoads RV in Tennessee. It was a crazy, long-distance transaction, but they were very nice, and very patient.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the encouragement. I'm definitely hoping to make the next Teardrop gathering. I've spent so much time on this board and the Tearjerkers loop, and looking at everyone's pictures, I feel as if I know you all!

-Andrea
Andelburg
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:13 pm

Andrea, can you tell me who makes the a/c unit? I think it is smaller than anything I've seen before....

A model number would be nice, too... thanks..
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby asianflava » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:19 am

It looks like the Goldstar unit that I plan on using. 5000btu and only $78 at Lowes. It is about as deep in the back as it is in the front. I also saw one at a pawn shop, maybe I'll see if I can haggle them down to $50. Of course I'm only speculating, I can't tell for shure if it is the same one.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:04 am

....Fedders has a 5000 btu unit 18wx13hx12d for 80 bucks on wallmart.com
madjack 8)

p.s. it's the smallest unit I have found so far
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Next

Return to Non-traditional Designs