My Giant Teardrop build

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby starleen2 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:44 pm

satch wrote:
No build progress, prolly no more 'til after Christmas

Progress? I thought you were done already! :lol:

Johnny - Just declare that the build in really trouble of failing - and the government will come and bail you out – you’ll even be able to give yourself an end of the year bonus as well – Keep up the work :applause:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:52 am

:fb :fb :fb
Well...the economy strikes again. Recently they told us at work that our yearly raises would be "postponed" until business could be re-evaluated. Now the have cut back all over time. I'm very thankful I still have a job...but this build has to be placed on the back burner now.
:x :x :x
Thanks for the interest and input so far...hopefully we'll be back on soon.
Good luck everybody.
:cry:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:59 am

Sorry to hear that, Johnny. I've been unemployed since Nov 6th, and fully understand. I have a promise of a job, but the folks with the money don't seem to be in any hurry to get started! I pray the economy turns around real soon!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:25 am

January 8th was our big announcement.Being in the front lines of new home construction we took the bullet. I have been in the lumber and construction industry over 30 years. At 58 I guess I will soon qualify as a greeter at Wal-Mart :lol:

Wife's last day after 15 years is today . After a buyout of the medical facility where she was in accounts receivable , they announced the bookkeepping would remained in the control of the buy out company in the parent location.

We may have to move South and live in the teardrop year around if the "ol' Bomber" can't get things turned around. :x

If the weather would break I could start on Polly the Trolly and perhaps sell it for a little quick cash. After all still got credit cards :roll:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby glider » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 am

Hi Johnny.

Sorry to hear your bad news. My build has been on hold since november 28 thats when I got laid off :( . Theres a lot of it about over here in the UK. I hope it dont get any worse for you thats a big job you got there with all that chassis. :lol: Its a real pain in the rear when you got plenty of time and no cash. Kinda limits what gets done. I even have to take my former boss to court to force him to pay severance :shock: :?.

Nil desperandom as they say.

Good luck :thumbsup: .
My friends think I am mad but my psychiatrists thinks I am a real interesting case
glider
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 pm

God...you guys are makeing me feel bad. Here I am bitchin about loseing overtime, and I forget that a lot of my teardrop friends here are in worse shape. I'm really sorry for that. Thank God I still have a job, and I hope it turns around soon for those of you who don't. Good luck everybody.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Don't be sorry, Johnny. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, and I doubt the others are. We are family, and we share our burdens. It makes them lighter. I will remember to pray for you and all our teardrop buddies who have lost jobs or income over the mistakes and misdeeds of others whose goal was to get rich regardless of how many lives they destroyed in the process.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:17 pm

:x *@#! Recession....Let's hope things turn around soon!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:29 pm

I am very grateful for my job. I manage auctions for foreclosed properties that the bank can't sell through normal channels so yeah we are busy and hiring. We have mandatory overtime which I am taking full advantage of while I can, but I still hope for the market to turn around because that will be good for everyone. If something happens to my job now, I have no idea what I would do, my best prospect is a Karaoke DJ (seriously) but if the market turns around, and my job goes away, there would then be others in my field available. Good luck to everyone out there searching.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Ivar the Red » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 am

Well...I decided it would be better to downsize than to quit all together...so I give to you the Mini-Tear. This is what my original plans were...just a small trailer to haul gear in. But then I found this site...and it was on. 8) The Mega-Tear will be completed as soon as things pick up a little. Now for a couple of pics...

40"X48" Haul-Master on sale at Harbor Freight...minus a coupon...chaa-ching...

A little hint for those of you considering a small bolt-together trailer...make sure you have a wide variety of metric wrenches...

Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby bobhenry » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:15 am

RE; the mini tear

I have the exact same frame under eggbert. It didn't pull well and backed up like trying to push a log chain. I purchased 9' ( I think) of 2x2x1/4 square tube and drilled and bolted it to each crossmember from front to back. This extended the tongue 18" +/- and made a huge difference in handling.

Just an F.Y.I. after you try and back the short tongued little devil up.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:Sorry to hear that, Johnny. I've been unemployed since Nov 6th, and fully understand. I have a promise of a job, but the folks with the money don't seem to be in any hurry to get started! I pray the economy turns around real soon!

Cliff I have just discovered the worst part of being unemployed.

It came to me this morning as a got up to let the dog out.

I really looked forward to the weekends. An escape from the grind for 2 wonderous days.

NOW it is just another friggin' day :fb
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:29 am

I got a little more done today...

This will be the hatch, it's not attached yet...but it will open all the way like that...

And here are both of my trailers all tucked in for bed...and waiting for "The Man" to loosen up his wallet...

Do ya like how I got all "artsy" and shot them in b&w? :lol:

This will not be the final version of this tear...this is the hurry and get something together before the Palo-Duro Gathering version. In the future I'm gonna take Bob's advise and lengthen the tongue. That'll give me a little more room to add more to the front. My goal is to make both trailers have the same shape, kind of.
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:26 am

:thumbsup: Camping season is here. That is a nice box. Maybe I need one for my lil car.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Nitetimes » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:34 am

Well, it's shaped like a box, looks like a box......must be a box!! 8) :lol:
I think your toes are gonna hang out the end when sleeping tho. :thinking: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Non-traditional Designs