My Giant Teardrop build

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby Ivar the Red » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:00 pm

A box on a trailer. :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Nitetimes wrote:Well, it's shaped like a box, looks like a box......must be a box!! 8) :lol:
I think your toes are gonna hang out the end when sleeping tho. :thinking: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Is that a Jack in Da Box? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are ya gonna put windows in dat thar box? 8)

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Classic Finn wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:Well, it's shaped like a box, looks like a box......must be a box!! 8) :lol:
I think your toes are gonna hang out the end when sleeping tho. :thinking: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Is that a Jack in Da Box? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Are ya gonna put windows in dat thar box? 8)

Classic Finn

Nope...just a cargo box.
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Ivar the Red wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:

Classic Finn

Nope...just a cargo box.

Where does the car go??? Looks kinda small!! 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Nitetimes wrote:
Ivar the Red wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:

Classic Finn

Nope...just a cargo box.

Whatchatalkinbout? My new car should fit just fine...

Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Nitetimes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Ivar the Red wrote:
Nitetimes wrote:
Ivar the Red wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:

Classic Finn

Nope...just a cargo box.

Whatchatalkinbout? My new car should fit just fine...

You are gonna look cute toolin' around town in that!!!! :R :R :lol: :lol:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 am

bobhenry wrote:
Cliffmeister2000 wrote:Sorry to hear that, Johnny. I've been unemployed since Nov 6th, and fully understand. I have a promise of a job, but the folks with the money don't seem to be in any hurry to get started! I pray the economy turns around real soon!

Cliff I have just discovered the worst part of being unemployed.

It came to me this morning as a got up to let the dog out.

I really looked forward to the weekends. An escape from the grind for 2 wonderous days.

NOW it is just another friggin' day :fb

Yup.

Sorry, everyone, I am WAY behind on the forum. After 4 1/2 months of continuous weekend, even to the point where I had a very difficult time remembering or even caring what day of the week it was, I AM WORKING AGAIN! :applause:

(Note: I am making 60% of my former income, but did not have to draw unemployment and now weekends are significant again. As are paydays). :D

If I EVER complained about having to go to work, Lord, I am sorry.

Bobhenry, keep your chin up. I am praying for you and all our struggling brothers and sisters here on the forum. One thing I am certain about, we are better prepared than most for this economy.

God Bless,
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby davkrat » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:21 am

Looks like my trailer:

I deffinately second the problem backing up, it is a total pain. I have been towing and backing boat and ATV trailers for work for the last 12 years and I can't get this thing to go straight for more than 10'. I also picked up larger 12" tires and wheels from HF, those dinky 8" scared me.

And my "Barbie" tow rig:

I built the trailer to help carry camping gear, having two kids the space in the car starts to get limited. I actually finished it up just in time to go to Burning Man, hence the mural ;) I actually saw a few teardrops there. If anyone doesn't know what Burning Man is about:

Image[/list]
davkrat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:39 am

davkrat wrote:I built the trailer to help carry camping gear, having two kids the space in the car starts to get limited.

That's what the little one will be for exactly. Short camping trips to spots around close where the teardrop will be too much.(did I just say that?)
:lol:
I haven't towed it anywhere yet...but yes the 8" wheels are on the hit list, if only to get a little more height. I also want to take the advise of a longer towbar. Eventually I want to make it look similar to the bigger trailer.

Very cool picture.

Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby bobhenry » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:24 pm

The best thing you can do for those little 40 x 48's is to take the stock tongue to the scrap yard and while there purchase 9'6" of 2x2x1/4 square tube and attach it from the back rail to the front. and take the stock coupler and bolt in on the front end of the tube.

This will make your trailer a totally different critter . It will tow better and you can back it up without difficulty. I simply bolted mine on with 5/16 grade 5 bolts. Whole process took just over an hour. An added bonus is if you weld the very back one you can shim with flat stock inside the tube and install a class 2 ball mount or bike rack or cargo platform.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby Prem » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:38 am

Johnny,

I loved the name "Teartanic!"

Name for the little trailer?

Prem :beer:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Vindi_andy » Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am

Just joined the forum and found this thread.

I am sorry to say I have not been all the way through this just jumpes from page 2.

Loved the Idea of the big ass Stretch limo teardrop with the hot tub on the back.
:twisted:
Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Postby YuGun » Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 am

Wow! Teartanic is very cool.
YuGun
The 300 Club

Postby Ivar the Red » Wed May 26, 2010 9:23 am

Prem wrote:Johnny,

I loved the name "Teartanic!"

Name for the little trailer?

Prem :beer:

The "Lil Flamingo"...

Johnny
BUILD THREAD
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

PreviousNext

Return to Non-traditional Designs