Leisure hut mobile log cabin

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Leisure hut mobile log cabin

Postby beverlyt » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Pretty neat! There is a mobile log cabin trailer on Ebay right now...item 2481301225
This would work for those wishing to bring a trailer somewhere for an extended stay on private property or the like.
Features:
Wood Siding
Aluminum Roof
Covered Porch
Sliding Glass Doors
Sofa
Dinette
Loft w/Bed
Ladder to Loft
Full Bathroom
Air Conditioner
Electric Heater
Ceiling Fan
Refrigerator
Microwave
Two-Burner Stove
Stabilizer Jacks
Cable TV Jack
Telephone Jack
Interior & Exterior Electrical Outlets
I put a few of the pics in my album at:
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c68955700c

Bev

Edited by mikeschn:
Try this link instead... it'll take you to Bev's album!
http://tnttt.com/album_ ... user_id=31
Mike...
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:27 am

Hey Bev,

You're right, this is really cool too! I'd swap out the electric stove for a wood burning stove or something similar. You don't have electric on your property in TN, do you?

Bob will have to trade his small truck in for a larger one, cause I'll bet this is in the 4000-5000 pound range. It's similar in many ways to the Tumbleweed house. I'd definitely consider it if I had some land where I wanted to park it, but still have the option of being mobile!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:57 am

Hey Bev

I see you have two of those log cabins on wheels parked next to each other. Your apt to get a lot of visitors to your place in TN... We'll all be coming to check out the one with the red and white roof!!!

So tell us, what kind of beer do you serve under the red and white roof?

:lol:

Mike...

P.S. Their website is supposed to be here... http://www.leisurehutcabin.com but it seems to be down... I wonder if they are out of business?
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby beverlyt » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:44 am

Mike,
I bet the neighbors would freak out thinking we were having a little mobile log community beginning!
They have informed me that the trailer is 26' bumper to hitch, 13 ft tall, and weighs in at a whopping 6800 pounds!
Won't work for us because we can't leave it parked on our property...but it sure might work under the right circumstances...nice deer hunters cabin or the like.
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Forrest Ebbs » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:25 am

I doubt that it trailers very well. It must be like tying a parachute to the back of your rig. It'd make a heck of a hunting or fishing cabin or Ice Shanty!
Forrest Ebbs

Postby denverd0n » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:41 pm

I agree, Forrest. I can't see using it like you would most small travel trailers. More like, drive it somewhere for the season and park it. Then maybe drive it home.
denverd0n
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Non-traditional Designs