The Weekender huh!

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

The Weekender huh!

Postby Frank » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:01 pm

Well guys, maybe for Mike, but with me and my little helper (Linda) there has been some changes. It will be a miracle if it's ready by May :? Check out the pictures in the album " Building the (3 month) weekender" :lol: at
http://photos.yahoo.com/merccp

Frank
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:18 pm

It looks like you're making pretty good progress to me... :o

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:26 pm

Yeh, but it's been several weekends and many nights, course a night is only 2 hours. You know us old timers have to get some sleep :lol: Tonight the only thing that got did was a templet for the fender it is 1/3 scale of the weekender. Didn't get a picture of it cause I cut the tire opening too far toward the rear, will get it right tomorrow. :R
Did you notice the drawers and rafters?
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:32 pm

Yep, I noticed the rafters right away. I see you added drawers under the cabinets too. You musta figured you still had plenty of leg room eh? It looks good though. Is that 1/4" skin?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Frank » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:27 pm

Mike,
Did not change the out side skin, the inside is what I'd call 3/16 or 1/8 it sure is not 1/4. It was 10.00 at homely depot and the 1/4 oak was 25.00 so we went with the cheeper. Maybe sorry when we start staining and finishing, will know shortly. Course then will be toooooo late. Just got back from homely depot and picked up more oak boards for shelves, cabnet hinges, glue, plywood, and popular. Got lots to do tomorrow. :oops:

Where did you get the lights for the little diner, also where are you getting the door latch and handles.
Let's go camping!
Frank
Silver Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:50 am

Lights? Interior lights came from sailor sams. Tail lights and running lights came from West Marine. The door handles and hardware comes from Grant.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

I got that beat....How a a 1 year Weekender build?

Postby cubby_1969 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:52 pm

Yup, I started it last spring. :lol: I finally took it out last weekend and it was great! I still have to finish my cabinets and kitchen, but that didn't stop me.

http://tinyurl.com/r2ekb

Duane
Lancaster, PA
cubby_1969
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Non-traditional Designs