Building a plane TTT

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby rowerwet » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:09 am

if the horizontal stab fins are a problem, make it a V-tail
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby GPW » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:26 am

Or Stealth with No fins/stabs...
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby deceiver » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am

The rear fins could be fold up counter space for when you cook. Also, if you wanted to leave the tail squarish you could purposely make a couple of fairly large rear, multi LED tail lights. Then you'd have what looks like jet nozzles.

Also, The vertical fin. Someone mentioned that it might not work well when trying to balance the hatch being open. I say that a couple of good well placed permanent magnets. One on the top of the tail and the other on the roof would act to hold it in place once opened. They sell some small button ones that are extremely strong. I've seen them in Radio Shack.

This is from a guy (me) who built a large pontoon boat using 2400 soda bottles as flotation. When I go into Home Depot I don't see plumbing supplies and deck materials, I see parts for whatever I'm building at the time. In this case I see boat construction parts. I expect you'll see Plane camper materials.

http://web.me.com/deceiver6/Deceiver/barge.html

Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Postby GPW » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:51 am

No need for all those Fins etc... when a cool paint job will simulate what you want .... It's a Trailer... Right? A trip to the local airport will give you plenty of ideas for paint ... :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs