Camp Pod photo's finally...Album/Gallery has photo's also...

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Camp Pod photo's finally...Album/Gallery has photo's also...

Postby vinoscooter » Sun May 08, 2005 7:56 pm

Couldn't figure out how to post a pic...in a new post or reply to a post...Have more phot's..it will take a little time getting them on...Changeing formatt,pixels etc...The pods far from completed though...more outside trim,the interior is not finished,there won't be a galley...Will build storage & shelve's....Other things will have to wait...as im off to visit mom...for a late MOM'S DAY...Take care ...vino..If theres a picture here then I figured it out! Image
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Tue May 10, 2005 5:59 pm

That looks really cool, although the door seems a bit small. Anyone with a gluteous maximus any larger than mine would likely not fit through.
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

The pod doors...

Postby vinoscooter » Wed May 11, 2005 11:02 am

Im 5 6...the lady in my life is 5 4...The dog in my life is 2ft 2in...doors are 29x23...Doors work well for us...1 door lifts up,thats my door & dogs door....,door & awning all in 1...other door is normal...Doors built useing 1/2 in plywood...braced w/ripped 1x4's...at 45 degree's.....
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby Zack » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:31 am

NICE!

I love the rear brackets! Gives it kind of a vardo look.

Did you build this from the Richard Butler plans?
Zack
Teardrop Builder

Thanks ZACK..

Postby vinoscooter » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:16 pm

I used paul butler's camp pod plans... http://butlerprojects.com/ & the 1947 trailer for two plans...And all the advice this of this forum,Actually this forum helped more than anything...I mainly wanted something totally unique..ZACk if you don't want attention,don't build a tear drop style trailer...on my 1st day camping I spent at least 4 hour's telling everyone the how's, why's,did this, did that's..of this tiny trailer..& of cource about this forum...The trailer has more diamond plate on now,will get more pic's on soon hopefully.The trailer will be painted again..red,Hf trailers paint job's Are major crappy...& will be permanently mounted on the trailer.Also picked up a red 87 toyota to pull it with.The supports in the front were made by a friend...He actually messed them up by haveing 1 to many brew's...but We fished em out of the garbage,filled all the holes & gouges..sanded & painted..He made them,just one more thing..to remind me of a close friend...The back top piece is off an 84 silverado...We just liked how it looked...It pulls great, allows a restfull night sleep...I'll be adding things as time goes on...table inside,small bar\galley in the rear..shelves,etc...We just love the heck out of it :D And don't mind the attention..vinoscooter
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Pod weigh in..

Postby vinoscooter » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Weighed the pod.gross weight 940 lbs...trailer & shell,completly loaded w/food except water,& booze...Will add tongue box..but it will contain mostly things allready weighed...The old box is made of plywood,& 1X2's..an extra 30 lbs..26inx16x16...Just a little heavier than i planed..take care :)
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:22 pm

...very cool VINO and I like your bud's gingerbread...nothing like a little extra memory to give you a grin at an unexpected time
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:31 pm

How much does it weigh after adding the booze? :tipsy:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby vinoscooter » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:09 pm

How much does it weigh after adding the booze?
I would never weigh booze...If if it was a matter of weight...Less water,or any darn thing I could through out...The booze stays period.. Kind of funny though,The pod's become my liquor cabinet..It's the only safe place w/lock & key!..If im not home & a friend drops by...they know where the key to the pod is...Left for a while,came back after dark one time..Deceided to have a shot,couldn't find the key..It was in the door of the pod..Opened the door..Just like magic..A friend appeared...Sleeping one off.w/a half empty bottle beside him. :lol: Even his wife got a kick out of that one.."he couldn't find a safer place"..is all she said..vinoscooter
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:12 pm

Nice! I like the use of treadplate..Had I not built an unusual take off of a woodie I would like to encorporate it.(maybe the next one) :worship: :twisted:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs