Winter Build, almost done

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Winter Build, almost done

Postby bpb165 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 pm

I started my build in late November last year and I am now down to just the finishing touches. I learned a lot on the way from information here and just plain old trial and error. A lot of my parts such as doors and windows and some of the lights were gotten through ebay. My kids mom works at a sign shop so the aluminum skin was easy to get. Another awesome resource was the father-in-law who has the welding shop and many years of know-how to keep me straight on all the heavy metal work.

I did plan my build however I did improvise along the way as well as learn from my mistakes. I am sure some of you guys have had to change things either in progress or after the fact. I finally got to where I could hook-er-up for a test tow this past week and found out about the axle placement issue. I always knew something was just not right about where I had the axle, we had to carefully cut off all my nicely welded suspension and move the axle forward 12 inches. The trailer looks and tows so much better.

Well rambling on too much, yes I know I didn't have a build thread but I do have pictures in my album....
bpb165
Teardrop Inspector

Postby aggie79 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Very nice teardrop - unique, functional & attractive! I hope you don't mind if I post one of your album pictures.

Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs