Jack-in-the-box idea

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Jack-in-the-box idea

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:25 pm

Next to the Curtiss Aircar trailer I truly think that the Teardrop is one of the prettiest trailers on the road.

However I do find it a little cramped and falling short of what one would think of a trailer offering.

The Kamp Master offers some relief but then where did the kitchen go.

The True advantages are savings in Gas, simplicity, a bed and a kitchen the to most wanted things on a trip. Plus people everywhere whating know know all about it.

I hate public rest rooms and a rest room is the one that got left out. Portapotti has it's discomforts too. We all know this and one of you new teardop loyalist offered a site for one that one that is a start in the right direction.

It is always fun to hear new ideas and see others with the skills and know how like Mike build a model and say do you mean like this ...

I keep finding myself changing the design. and looking back as well as forward to see what others have done.

I have two ideas that linger in my mind. one the lovely teardrop drives in and the second is it changes like those kids toy car that become a robots. I see mine changing in some odd way.

a trailer from down under

The Tvan that Mike and I have shown from time to time is one example with it's fold out tent at the back.

One idea I have is ....

I see a teardrop that has a large hinge on the side and the back kitchen would fold around to the side of the trailer so the
kitchen and the bedroom are side by side and a tent would come out of for an extended bedroom or become the missing bathroom.

and lastly I see the Jack-in-the-box idea.

Trailmanor light weight easy towing travel trailer that tows like a fold down tent trailer
http://www.trailmanor.com/

I can see myself driving into a campsite with other teardrops there saying how cute. Then them frowning as I pull it out of
shape extending the kitchen and the bedroom leaving room in the middle for a standup bathroom. How such a thing would be made I do not know and the insanity of the idea makes it even more odd.

Now you are all saying oh it is just Ron with another on of his Ron-in-the-box ideas.

I have thought of putting the restroom in the bed of the truck along with storage or other sleeping areas for guests.

Have you seen ??

www.quickupcamper.com/

or

this site full of odd old europeon campers.

www.trikes.freeserve.co.uk/ irom/page2.htm

Ron D.
Teardrop toying
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Chip » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:03 am

Ron,,,,how bout building the ultimate Tear,,,,find an older truck and strip the whole thing down to frame and running gear,,keep the shape and dimentions in purportion but build a tear that you sit in and drive,,then ya got room for a potty, shower etc,,but still keep the galley kitchen in the rear,,think about it dual wheels on the rear,,lake pipes for exhaust/running boards,,,lots of storage room underslung under frame down low on the sides,,,now we talking bout a 5000# self contained tear,,that tows a small car lol,,,,
:lol: :lol:
chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Non-traditional Designs