Forums for off-grid mobile homes?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Forums for off-grid mobile homes?

Postby steelpoints » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi! I have a 34' x 8' x 13' (LxWxH) travel-trailer under-construction, steel framing all the way, welded the chassis from scratch, planning on solar-propane-generator energy sources, water tanks too. Trying to design an insulated closet with exterior or interior access. Thinking removable 5-gallon water jugs, on 2-tiered shelf, just above where the propane tank sits, in front of the nose. Will use gravity, no water-pump. Will be an on-demand hot-water heater in this closet, or perhaps inside the kitchen cabinet above the sink.

Bathroom will have a pump/tank, incinerator toilet. Using sheet metal siding. Not sure how to insulate, maybe squirted foam, maybe board, probably a mix. Want it to look Pro, don't want to bold a refrigerator to the nose!

Looking for ideas on how to get started. Thought about using toilet-seat covers for the jugs to nest in. Will have to use a ladder to get jugs in and out. Unless we do interior access through the kitchen but that seems like a lot of dirty work eventually best done on the outside, to my mind, please share any thoughts! I have measurements, like the jugs are 10" diameter, 19" high. Width of nose is 40", so I could stagger them and build a 1-tier shelf. The arms of the shelf will be supported by buttressed. Steel framing not to interfere with the prop-tank below. Total height from bottom of floor joist to top of wall is 92" (pre-peaked-style clerestory roof with scissor trusses). Fore to Aft measurement from nose-wall to top of the pipe-jack is 18".

Is there an appropriate sub-forum here? Perhaps someone can help by pointing me to a forum more interested in projects with these larger dimensions. I humbly submit that this looks like a fascinating community, just looking for any brainstorming to get done so I can do the work I need to do! Thanks :)
steelpoints
Teardrop Inspector

Postby eatatjoz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Contact Off Grid Rving.
http://tnttt.com/profil ... le&u=11006
You and he could probably get things going to find whatever you both need.
Edit: you may also find helpful information in the cargo trailer section. Those guys are pretty good a stuffing things in that don't fit.
http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=42

Welcome aboard.
eatatjoz
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 pm

google search clicky
.................................................................................................................................................................

you are a little large for what we do around here...while we MAY answer some of your question, hit the clicky above for more appropriate sites
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby vtx1029 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Not sure how the incinerator toilet works but if your worried about heat get some rockwool insulation the stuff works great! I built a powdercoating oven and it will be 400* inside and outside is about 85* :thumbsup:
vtx1029
Teardrop Master

Return to Non-traditional Designs