Newbie - Hi to all...

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Newbie - Hi to all...

Postby jer29_11_13 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:14 am

I have been reading everyone's comments and looking at their various designs and my hat's off to all of you creative and talented folks!

I am designing a tear and just purchased the Harbor Freight 1800# trailer which is currently on sale.

Most of my adventures will be off road to hunt, fish and kayaking the myriad of hidden lakes in this great country and up into Canada.

I want somethng that would accomodate all four seasons so insulation is paramount for the winter and A/C in the hot Florida summers.

My first question is where do you folks get the nice windows I've seen on the various tears and for that matter any other specialty items such as 6' stainless steel hinges, aluminum sheets,etc. A materials source page, if one doesn't exist here, that folks could add to would be most helpful to a newbie like me. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful!

Thanks and I hope to see you on the road!

:)
jer29_11_13
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BobR » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:24 am

Here is a link to one of my pages with other links to sites with the parts you are looking for. Hope this helps you out and welcome to the great teardrop adventure!

http://www.bobsteardrop.com/Plans.htm
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:04 pm

..there is a links section at the top of this page with most of what you want. Grant Whipp at L'il Bear tag-a-longs, RWJohnson, Teardrop Fix-It shop, RedNeck Trailers supplies, So-Cal Teardrops are just afew of the many suppliers used by the absolutely fabulous members of the board...Good luck on your build and remember the only charge we ask for advice is for you to post pics of your build(info at top of board)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby vinoscooter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:27 pm

Quote: Most of my adventures will be off road to hunt, fish and kayaking the myriad of hidden lakes in this great country and up into Canada.

Don't forget while building your tear,you might have to beef up the top or sides to support the xtra weight of your Kayak if your puting a rack system on your trailer....Several members have discussed this...Just plan ahead..Other than that...Build & enjoy..Ask Question's,Read,& Rock On.. :) vinoscooter
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Postby Ben W » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:39 pm

I was talking to Cary at Camp-inn the other day. He sells windows and doors direct. He also informed me that the Camp-inns are 3/4" solid ply walls. If you look at the camp-in site, they offer a rack mount option.

-Ben
Ben W
Donating Member

Camp-In site

Postby jer29_11_13 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:42 pm

Ben what is the URL for the Camp-In site, I'm not familiar with them?

Thanks!
jer29_11_13
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ben W » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:51 pm

Ben what is the URL for the Camp-In site, I'm not familiar with them?

http://home.centurytel.net/edevold/

I think it comes up under tinycampers.com too, but this is what my bookmark says, and it works.

Of all the manufacturers I've checked out, I like the Camp-Inn the best. Unfortunately, the price tag dictates that I build my own. While you're there, check out the Raindrop link on the front page. - Pretty amazing.

-b
Ben W
Donating Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs