Madventure Camping

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Madventure Camping

Postby backroadwanderer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:34 am

I have a new design for an adventure style trailer that I introduced in the manufacturers section. Since it's not a traditional style teardrop I thought maybe I should also introduce it here. It takes the style of a teardrop with the rear galley and combines the rugged off-road ability of an adventure trailer. I shorted the trailer by 2 feet and turned the sleeping area into a storage compartment. The height is also shortened and a large roof top tent is added. The galley slides out from the rear and is complete with sink, water tank, ice box and storage. Ive been using it for a year now and have received so much positive feedback that I started manufacturing them. I would love to get some feedback here. Hoping to post up a build but for now here is a link for more information www.madventurecamping.com
backroadwanderer
Silver Donating Member

Postby backroadwanderer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Finally figured out how to post some pictures. So here is a few pictures showing the galley design. Just like a teardrop the galley is located at the rear. To keep things as compact as possible it slides into the back of the trailer.

backroadwanderer
Silver Donating Member

Nice design

Postby MarkInMLB » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Congratulations with your creative build, and good luck with the business. I've been considering similar designs, and weighing the merits of these, against a more normal teardrop (but maybe a more "industrial" design).

How does the RTT work out for you and your customers. Dealing with the ladder was one consideration I still haven't quite resolved myself, preferring (I think) more of a step up/in design, like what you'd have with a Lifetime/Jumping Jack style trailer, but with the storage/facilities like you have put together.

Again, good luck with the business! :thumbsup:
MarkInMLB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby backroadwanderer » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:59 pm

The RTT works out great. Unlike a standard teardrop which felt a little too "cozy" the RTT has a full 6 foot by 8 foot sleeping area that is very roomy and comfortable. I did have a concern with the ladder but by designing it so the RTT is less than 4 feet off the ground it is very easy to set up and get in and out of. Another advantage to the RTT is it allows for lots of storage separate from the sleeping area. I really love it. It has plenty of ground clearance to get back into some pretty rugged country and I have added a rack system for carrying a small boat or bikes and a hot shower to get cleaned up after a hard days play. Thanks for the thumbs up.
backroadwanderer
Silver Donating Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs