Fiberglass Box Build

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby JoshInReno » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:29 am

Dusty82 wrote:I could just about guarantee that window came out of a pick-up. Those one piece OEM truck windows can be had for free at just about any place that installs sliding rear windows in pick-ups - they get so many of them, they don't know what to do with them. When I was learning how to etch glass, I picked up a dozen pick-up rear windows from a camper shell dealer and taught myself on them. Check the window for a part number - it's usually applied to one bottom corner or another. Any automotive glass shop can run that number and tell you what it's from.

Thank you very much for the information. However, it isn't an actual window. Someone along the line GLUED a piece of plexiglass over the opening. But I hadn't thought about checking the auto glass places for a possible replacement! :thumbsup:
JoshInReno
Teardrop Builder

Postby JoshInReno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:23 pm

New carpet installed

Picked up a pair of barely used marine batteries for cheap (115aH each). Battery boxes from WalMart. Salvage yard scissor jacks for stabalizers. New paint and grease made them run like new. Still need to bolt them in.

All of my electrical is on the way. Lights, wiring, fuses, switches, everything. The UPS guy will be seeing my house a lot in the coming days.

Also on the way is a sway controller (my big truck does funny things to short wheel-base trailers) and some other misc. goodies.

Solar panel in a few weeks. Been laying out an awning, but time and money probably won't allow it before we have to leave. Truck needs a brake job before we leave (3/4 ton diesel - so $$$).

We leave for our 10 day trip on Sept 28. So unless I scramble to get things done and we use it before we leave, it will be a 10 day UNTESTED trip to the middle of nowhere 8 hours from home. That is not a comfortable thought for me!
JoshInReno
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs