Mock vardo

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby planzman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am

I was searching for a word to use other than faux, or similiar, and came up with Mock.
No negative implied to your work.
I really am looking to start one this winter for a hunting camp rig.

Can you provide a materials list, i can't tell what type of fastesners you used, they look like chrome cariage bolts and wood screws.

I really like your rig and will be studying it often.
planzman
Teardrop Builder

Postby paleotool » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:30 am

Deryk,

My mpg is variable but bad. Anything over 55 mph really takes it down. As bad a 14 mpg in the mountains at high speed and as good as 19 when driving slower. I have really learned to slow down and take it easy. Safer when towing anyway.

George
paleotool
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Deryk the Pirate » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 am

Hey George,

That's still not horrible for a standup trailer. I agree vardo's are not really aerodynamic, but they look real nice! I also need to stop being speedracer on the highways doin 70 plus with the vardo in tow lol...55 would probably afford me some more mpg's lol. My mother can't believe I'm contempating another buiild. I told her I kinda enjoy the makin something..."like a giant arts and craft project but I get to use it too". Beets sittin home on weekends playing world of warcraft.

Deryk
Build Thread lil vardo 1: http://tinyurl.com/baqe6py
Build Thread lil vardo 2: http://tinyurl.com/b3rwffm
Deryk the Pirate
500 Club

Postby dakotamouse » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 pm

My husband has a friend with some land he has for dirtbike riding. OIur plan is to build the vardo and set it up there. The vardo won't do as much traveling as our teardrop but we still want to try to keep the weight down to no more than what our 19ft travel trailer was.

Where did you get it? We didn't get it, we built it!
Myron and Mary
dakotamouse
Titanium Donating Member

Postby paleotool » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:51 pm

DakotaMouse,

I looked at your teardrop build and it looks great! I would like to make one of these to pull behind a smaller car. I like the all metal look.
paleotool
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs