my offroad rooftop camper

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

my offroad rooftop camper

Postby rabs » Tue May 20, 2014 10:04 am

camper.jpg
camper.jpg (120.42 KiB) Viewed 3154 times

Hi all, just thought you might like to have a look at my offroader I built, the list of additions include, 130 watt solar, 2x100 deep cycle batts, 60 litre water tank and elec pump, led lights inside and out, 750 watt gen, portable shower and toilet, bbq, stove, 2 awnings either side, enclosed flyscreened annexe to sleep an additional 2, 600 watt inverter, mp3 stereo, rooftop tent and the list goes on, was mounted on a steel chassis that was mig welded and a dual cab aluminum tray mounted to chassis, now I am ready to build my Grasshopper style teardrop as it has been in the pipeline for a while, as soon as I weld up the chassis the grasshopper style unit will commence, I looked at the Nano Weekender and once I find out the dimension the build will begin

hope you like it

rabs
Attachments
camper2.jpg
camper2.jpg (95.87 KiB) Viewed 3154 times
Happy to be Trailer Trash

There a 3 kinds of people that I don't like in this world, Those that can count and those that can't
rabs
Teardrop Advisor

Re: my offroad rooftop camper

Postby Vkkesu » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:30 pm

You should check out expedition portal. There are many similar to this and you should add your photo to their pages also. Very cool build. :applause: We are getting a "modified" tear drop that is 4x4 capable next month. It also will have the solar panels, 40 gallon of water, etc. So excited we can be off grid for an extended period. Have fun in your travels !
Vkkesu
Teardrop Inspector

Re: my offroad rooftop camper

Postby dogscats » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:08 pm

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs