Another (TINY) Vardo build

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Another (TINY) Vardo build

Postby eddienlinda » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:26 pm

I started with the all so famous Harbor Freight trailer. I am impressed with this little trailer, and like the fact that I saved 20% as well. My goal for this build was lightweight, and so far so good. I can lift the front tongue and rotate, and move this thing as it is. I tried to post pics of this build in the post but to no avail. The trailer is still 4x8 on the floor and I am loving that as well. I did post pics to the gallery with success :R The exterior sidewalls are 5 V-Crimp metal, as well as the roof. The rear panels are exterior bead board, and front T-111. I also used the bead board on the interior as well. I had no plans to work from, and have to say that this is an enjoyable build that is a build as you go project. I am working on a fold down awning frame for the right side. Just finished a storage box that spans the whole left side that will house the awning material, take apart shower, and curtain, etc.....Reel n rods :twisted: . I will attempt to re-read pic posting tread, and try again. I would love to post some build pics from beginning to now here. All help is appreciated . Oh yeah.. I went with the super simple electrical system posted on here as well. I plan to mount a small a/c unit on the tongue, and vent it through the lower front wall. I only plan to put 2 electrical outlets on the interior along with 1 pull chain low watt light. I will put 1 socket on the exterior as well for outdoor needs. I am pleased so far. I was able to put a full sized bed in it that pushes up the front wall turning into a couch seating area. I removed 2 rows of springs from the serta bed, and that gave us more floor space when bed is slid out for sleeping. :)
Be Still !!!!!! Oh and stop snoring ......
eddienlinda
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Another (TINY) Vardo build

Postby mikeschn » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:25 pm

We wanna see those pics too...

Here, this might help. viewtopic.php?p=911290#p911290

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Non-traditional Designs