Break Down Trailer - TD Cover as Skin?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Break Down Trailer - TD Cover as Skin?

Postby Abaker50 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Here's another odd question - y'all are going to know just how crazy I am now :R

So DH has proposed using foam inserted into an aluminum channel frame for our shell. He has also suggested making a waterproof cover to slip over the whole thing for weatherproofing. I thought maybe some of the RPod covers I've seen might work - at least as a starting point - or maybe we can get something custom-made.

I know that if we go this route, the cover would need to be extremely well-fitted and well-anchored, to eliminate movement on the road. We live on the high plains, which is an semi-arid climate, and are likely to be traveling in the mountains & desert. That, plus the fact that our build is intended to be broken down for storage, mean that mold & mildew are not major concerns, but the occasional violent thunderstorm is.

Right now, the compromise between my teardrop & DH's box on wheels looks like it might be a similar shape to Scott's Duct Tear. http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56828&hilit=duct+tape. Dimensions will be approximately 6'Wx8'Lx5'H.

So let me have it - looking for any input into this idea you can give me.

Thanks, again
Andrea
Abaker50
Teardrop Builder

Return to Non-traditional Designs