Concept, "skinny" asymmetric pop out contraption...

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Concept, "skinny" asymmetric pop out contraption...

Postby JaggedEdges » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:24 am

Hi folks,

Had to get this out of my head, I don't actually see myself doing anything like it in near future, it's just got novelty, "wouldn't it be cool if" value for me at the moment. Sometime I might be tempted to actualise it, just to see it.

Top down view of the "coach"

So it would be about 2'8" wide, and the pullouts would make a full size double bed sleeping area. The rear would be a "half clamshell" kitchen, with the upper side on the drawing opening 90 degrees to make a 90 degree corner galley.

It would however be quite long, maybe squeeze it into 10ft.

I don't know what it's "for" at the moment, maybe if you've got a Goldwing and want something different? But crosswinds cold wag you around a bit.

Though the thought occurs that it might even be adaptable to a bicycle.

Then that thought leads to me thinking, why have the bicycle outside, make it into a tandem recliner RV!!! With that I think tricycle, so you don't have to whip a leg out to balance it. I'm thinking you could make a low riding recliner bike that basically just has seat(s) sticking up any, that could be flipped/tumbled/folded down to allow the floor to seat. In vertical profile you can make it pretty durn slippy too I would think, possibly get up to impressive speeds.

With the pedal driven RV idea though, I think it might have more canvas in the pullouts. Though also they might be fold and pull on that idea.

Anyway, all it is at the moment is a brain unload.

Jagged Edges.
Jack of all trades, Doctor of rocket surgery and fellow of the noble college of shadetree meddlers. "in argentum tenax vinculum speramus"
JaggedEdges
Teardrop Master

Re: Concept, "skinny" asymmetric pop out contraption...

Postby rebapuck » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:38 pm

I think it has merit. But putting the bike inside loses all room for a bed.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Return to Non-traditional Designs