sunspot and grasshopper

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

sunspot and grasshopper

Postby profsrfate » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:30 pm

:D hello anybody out there have pics,measurements,interior,ext, of the sunspot and the grasshopper sales brochures,ads, cant find much on web re these. they were both great designs anyone know what they weigh ?oh and by the way great website !!! best jim
profsrfate
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:57 pm

Well Jim...ya found us...dagnabit...I guess all I can say is WELCOME to our little board of relatively obsessed builders dreamers and schemers :D :lol: ;) ....hopefully someone can come up with some info for ya...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby BufordT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:43 am

Not much info on these trailers. There is one guy who knows a lot about them and has even talked with the man who built the grasshopper but that's about it.

I've got some info on them not much but some. I did manage to blow up a pic of a grasshopper and get it cut out so I have a templete to work with.

The mini-hopper was modeled after the grasshopper.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Re: sunspot and grasshopper

Postby Joanne » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:03 pm

profsrfate wrote::D hello anybody out there have pics,measurements,interior,ext, of the sunspot and the grasshopper sales brochures,ads, cant find much on web re these. they were both great designs anyone know what they weigh ?oh and by the way great website !!! best jim

Hi Jim!

Welcome to the list. You must have good taste in trailer design. 8)

You may want to take a look at my website. I'm building a grasshopper shaped trailer. If you are building your own, the weight will depend on how careful you are. You should be able to build between 900 and 1500 pounds quite easily. It's easy to build heavy. :lol:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Return to Non-traditional Designs