Bed overhang supports.

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Bed overhang supports.

Postby loaderman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:40 am

In designing my tent on a trailer I will have 1 foot of the bed inside the trailer and 2.75 feet a flap going outside the trailer. There will only be a 3 foot mattress. The other 9 inches is space to the dome tent wall.
What is a good light method of supporting this overhang?
Emt or aluminum tube bent in an upside down u shape?
Should it go to the ground or back to the trailer. I would put this support about 2 feet out from the trailer.

Thanks for any help.
loaderman
The 300 Club

Re: Bed overhang supports.

Postby greygoos » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:10 pm

I am not trying to be critical but if you would just continue your original post instead of posting a new topic whenever you have a question you would probably get better responses. Someone may see the whole thread, you might get information a bit a time to answer your question about how to build your trailer and put it all together for a solution.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Re: Bed overhang supports.

Postby loaderman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:57 pm

greygoos wrote:I am not trying to be critical but if you would just continue your original post instead of posting a new topic whenever you have a question you would probably get better responses. Someone may see the whole thread, you might get information a bit a time to answer your question about how to build your trailer and put it all together for a solution.

Ok. I if that works better.
loaderman
The 300 Club

Return to Non-traditional Designs