Trailer plans

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby Gerald_G » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:20 am

Might want to check out this sketch.

It meets your requirements which were a lot like mine. Kids must be seperate from each other. Don't know why, but they won't go to sleep if they are sharing a horizontal sleeping space :-)

Check out my album for progress.

I've got the side walls almost framed (hopefully finish those tommorow, in which case I'll post the wall pics to the album too.

G.G.
Gerald_G
Teardrop Master

Postby Gerald_G » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:50 am

I made a quick sketch of a design similar to mine with a 10 X 6 frame.

Small overhangs on front and rear, and no bathroom.

I did'nt draw it in, but there'd be room for a closet between the door and the front dinnette/bed.

Windows also not drawn in, but I assume you'd add some :-)

Also a small wall from the door frame along the bunks is not drawn in, but would add support for the bunks and side walls.

My plan is to have a curtain across the remaining opening to the bunks, so the kids can be somewhat private, and sleeping while perhaps a round of cribbage goes on at the table.

Gerald_G
Teardrop Master

Postby Dewayne_Mellen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:06 pm

Thanks for posting those plans. I think that some of ours is going to change. We've been working on it but not showing a whole lot of progress. We've gotten the floor attached. The interior was going to be empty just so that it could be finished quickly. I was orginally thinking that it would only take a week or two with nothing inside. :? :? :?
Since this isn't going to get done this year by a long shot I think that we need to take another look at what we are going to make and what we want in it.
Dewayne_Mellen
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:08 pm

Gerald_G wrote:

How wide is that? Are the adults really short, or is the trailer wider than it appears?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs